What to order ...

Reaction score
So hubby isnt home (working) and I was out messing with the pond and noticed some issues with two of the fish ...

Old issue/recap ... A month or two ago, my Goromo had a good size scrape on it's side, that ended up fungal (looked like shredded cotton balls had been glued on) ... hubby said no treatment needed, as the water warmed, it would heal, and it has ...

Two new issues, affecting two fish ...

Fish one (don't know it's color name) is the more concerning ... it has two ulcer like bumps behind it's head, I am going to call the part of the body neck/shoulder area ... They dont look like normal ulcers (not smooth and waxy looking), but look more like warts. Not perfectly round, nor perfectly smooth, and definately raised.

Fish two ... Matsuba ... I dont know what this part of the anatomy is called. The whisker things that hang like snot at the koi's nostrils ... Normally, on this fish, they are both black. One is now white at the end. It doesnt look fuzzy like fungus (unless it is just early)... Just the wide end that normally floats looks white.

I did NOT test ALL of the water parameters (only brought 3 vials outside, can do the others if needed) ... Ammmonia and Nitrites are at zero as always ... KH has been low, so no surprise that was only about 70 ppm (4 drops) .. one of things things I was doing out there this morning was adding another 2 lbs of baking soda.

I know this time of year, the fish are at their weakest, and parasites could be present. I dont see anything off on any of the other fish. I tried to get pictures, but neither the fish, nor the lighting cooperated one bit:-( Behaviors seem normal. They, including the affected fish, are hungry (my poor water cress is starting to really take a hit), and even though it is still cool (water temp at 52), tossed a bit of food, which they were very happy to see ... No one is flashing, nor acting spooked, etc ... Were a pain in the neck while I was pulling some hair algae hung up on old roots ...

I know hubby doesnt have much Prazi left, so going to order some anyways... Anything else I should check his supplies for before placing the order?

Ask a Question