What to wear

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good afternoon everyone hope you’ve had a great weekend.
Question, I found a leak in my overflow system, it will be an easy fix however I’d have to get into my pond to fix it .
1) what can I wear to get in ? It’s 3.5ft deep
2) or will it be safe to just get in there with leggings and t shirt on ?
My koi are used to me and are very friendly, but I’m more concerned if I’d catch anything if I get in.
Any advice welcome! Have a great week.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I think you'll be fine if you're in The UK (cold climate) and have decent filtration and water parameters. Lots of people build swim ponds and natural pools without issue.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
but do keep it out of your face/lungs/nose etc. I'd wash well afterwards (and I do, whenever I'm messing around underwater). It's a good thing to err on the side of caution. If really worried, use waders and have rubber gloves on. And be careful you don't have any open cuts on your hands, arms etc.

smile-alt1-merged-layers3.gif

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I love climbing into the pond after a long day of working in the yard. I always make it the last chore on a hot day to get in and get after whatever needs doing and just enjoy the cool down! I know some people worry about what might be in the pond - not me. I just make sure I didn't use any bug spray or sunblock during the course of the day and go in wearing whatever I have on at the moment. I have refrained from getting in a couple of times when I had open wounds - but I'm also careful around dirt in the same circumstances. No need to be dumb I suppose.

Now my first and last time in the pond every year is a different story - get in and get out as fast as possible! This last time the water was FR FR FR FREEZING! I was in for a few minutes and suddenly started feeling nice and comfy... I decided that just might be hypothermia setting in and finished up quick! :ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I love climbing into the pond after a long day of working in the yard. I always make it the last chore on a hot day to get in and get after whatever needs doing and just enjoy the cool down! I know some people worry about what might be in the pond - not me. I just make sure I didn't use any bug spray or sunblock during the course of the day and go in wearing whatever I have on at the moment. I have refrained from getting in a couple of times when I had open wounds - but I'm also careful around dirt in the same circumstances. No need to be dumb I suppose.

Now my first and last time in the pond every year is a different story - get in and get out as fast as possible! This last time the water was FR FR FR FREEZING! I was in for a few minutes and suddenly started feeling nice and comfy... I decided that just might be hypothermia setting in and finished up quick! :ROFLMAO:
Lol trust me I won’t get comfy in the pond, it’s freezing now

Ask a Question