What type of second filter is needed/cotton batting/pond care

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
1) Can you all recommend a second filter/pump that I could add to my pond? I was advised that the PondMaster 1500 is not enough for the 1440 gallons in my pond. I have water plants in the pond so far, along with one 4" fish, 25 Reds and a bottom feeder fish (sorry I forgot the name but he is kinda cute!) Anyway, I also use a net to skim the floating debris daily, and another net to get the stuff on the bottom each evening.
2) What type of cotton batting do you use for the filter? I went and checked them out and there are a variety of types/brands, etc.
3) Should I be wiping down and removing the greenish brown material that is now forming on the bottom of the pond, on the liner?
Thanks all!!!!
K

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
The stuff on the bottom and sides is good stuff and fish and taddies love it .I just use a furnace filter reuasble kind and quilt batting in a crate and lava rock

Ask a Question