What upsets you in your neighborhood?

ZEROPILOT

Faster than you are.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a-10b
Country
United States
I have an ongoing anger issue with idiots going grocery shopping and pushing the carts all the way home.
These carts are from all sorts of retail stores. Some miles away. But I doubt that it is more than the same 1 or 2 bone heads doing this.
17 shopping carts were just pulled out of just one canal a block away. I often see them in the roadway and in people's yards.
On my way home from work I noticed a woman pushing a Publix cart down the sidewalk on a busy street. But at least two miles from any Publix.
Does anyone find this behavior normal?
At best it's grand theft.
Thanks for letting me vent.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We have no stores close enough that anybody would walk that far with a cart. But when I lived in AZ you saw them everywhere! A total mess.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Sounds very costly for the stores, too - which means we all pay more. And you're right - it is stealing. Some stores here have posts set up that keep you from taking the cart into the parking lot, but that's rare.

Not much upsets me in my neighborhood. We have a pretty quiet group of neighbors. One guy across the street is kind of odd, but he probably thinks the same about me, so we're even!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Yeh it would be a long haul for people here .I have an issue though with the people living on the road on the way to my street .the hose is 380 sq. ft. and they put up a metal carport with out permits and now people are living in that .Last count 26 children get on the school bus from this house .They are all Mexicans and even sleep in hammocks under the trees .Called the county about it but nothing done .They rent the house so not sure how or if the owners know they are doing this .I complained also because it was tarting to look like a junk yard with the vehicles they wreck and leave there .The county did something about that because they started parking them on both sides of the road coming in from the highway 30+ cars .But then the cars started showing up again so have to call the county again .You have to be careful coming down hat road because they are either drunk or high and walk out in front of your vehicle and then they start cursing and hitting your vehicle .Cops had to be called several times for that .Hate to say it but I would prefer shopping carts over this .I know the other night they had a drug bust there .Strange since 6 of the houses here in my development are owned by state troopers .Half acre of land and it is backed by a road and is on a highway in the front .I hope that it gets better because it has been getting worse .I saw the drug bust on the news and it said 15 of them arrested and 5 children taken to the hospital because they were on drugs also .Sad youngest was 10 years old .Thing is they got bail and are out already .SAD

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
One way in here also and road is not even a mile long .But when you get off the highway you have no choice but to go by this house to get to the road I live on .

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
What upsets you in your neighborhood?

I have a neighbor that makes seemingly non-stop noise all summer long. I've never known anyone to use so many loud things so frequently. I genuinely have had a hard time getting video of my pond without his noise in the background. I hate noise pollution and light pollution. There seems to be a new trend of people using super-bright lights in their backyards like they want their entire yard lit up at night. I'm not a fan of it.

I think what I just hate most is people. Too many people.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
We had some great neighbors who moved. The new folks, are very nice, but the husband enjoys working on cars, and a lot of his friends bring their cars to him. He also enjoys revving up his engine, at the crack of dawn !

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Over the summer after we just moved in I noticed someone pushing a baby stroller down my sidewalk that runs from the front of our house down to the alley which is entirely on our property. I was pretty surprised as it was early evening and I was working on the landscaping and didn't expect anyone to be walking through our backyard, I asked him who he was and he explained he lives on the block behind us and he sometimes cuts through our yard and feeds my fish! I later on discussed it with a neighbor who he was. He sometimes works at the church at the end of the block and the little girl he had in the stroller was his grandchild and he indeed lives on the block behind us. Still not happy about him cutting through and the fish feeding. Who know what he was giving them and this might have explained why I had an algae bloom a few months before that. We got one gate for the back and just need one more to totally rectify this situation!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Poachers are our biggest neighbourhood problem, but it's for only 2 months of the year.
-except for 2 squirrels that mock me when I go outside. They wear leather jackets, smoke cigarettes and call me a mama's boy so I stay away from that part of the yard.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
My neighbor has a heroin addict daughter and the main problem is the guys she brings home. You know they have to be bad news to be hanging around with her. They have already broken in a few homes in the neighborhood. And it seems to be a new one every few months. Fun stuff.

Reaction score
-except for 2 squirrels that mock me when I go outside. They wear leather jackets, smoke cigarettes and call me a mama's boy so I stay away from that part of the yard.
I had that happen one time when I found our kayaks loaded with walnuts. I emptied them out and collected two big buckets full and next day laid them out on racks to dry near where the kayaks were hanging. A squirrel saw what I was doing and was pretty upset I stoled his cache. He perched himself on the end of the nearest kayak and stood there shouting at me with the worst obscenities you could imagine a squirrel could come up with. However, I didn't back down, I kept all his walnuts. And that's what you gota do Mitch. I suggest you grow a pair and stand up for yourself against those guys, don't be intimidated, do you really wana be a mama's boy your whole life?

Hint: To put them in their place you have to pinch their nuts. By pinch I mean "steal". ;)

Last edited:

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Poachers are our biggest neighbourhood problem, but it's for only 2 months of the year.

lau.gif

Ask a Question