Whatcha doing today?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
She said they are not released until 11-12 weeks depending on how the pup is doing. We can visit if they ever lift driving restrictions, if not we will wait. It is a 1.5 hour drive. North east of Baltimore, no way we could explain that our trip was essential.
She will let us face time, skype etc any time we want. Can't be face time we don't have apple phones.
keep us posted Addy I am heading to Norfolk in the near future if it works out I could grab the pup I have papers from secretary of state, secretary of the navy etc etc. not that I have had to use them but it does trouble me thinking about them And it should concern every American WE NEED TO HAVE PPAPERS FROM THE STATE OR FEDS IN ORDER TO TRAVEL .......... DOESNT SIT WELL WITH ME .....

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I’m having a nice warm soak. Added rose bubble bath, and had a thought. I could make my own rose water/ rose oil, which led me to wonder about doing a water Lilly scent. Did a quick google search, and found an article that referenced a book about perfume making, saying that the scent can’t be made naturally. Hmmm, debating on trying this the next time I have a surplus of blooms. However , I will be trying out basically making rose scent this year. I’ve a lovely old bush with tons of flowers every year, as well as a bramble of wild roses, which I just may propagate to a few other spots. And I have tons of violets, so may try with those too. Have any of you tried any of these? It looks simple enough, gather fresh clean flowers, rinse off the bugs, and immerse in either oil or warm water, keep it warm and let it infuse. Strain and keep the results in a cool dark place.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
keep us posted Addy I am heading to Norfolk in the near future if it works out I could grab the pup
awww so nice of you to offer! It will be around the beginning of July before the pup is released. That is 12 weeks, he was born on 3/30

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
So... My phone ended up in the bath. Using a temp one, till I can get mine fixed. Not happy, as it happened ata time when I really need it, and this one can't recieve calls.
If the weather would just cooperate, I'd have thesub liner in my kind, and possibly the pool liner too, with a bit of storm water in after the shower we just had.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
So... My phone ended up in the bath. Using a temp one, till I can get mine fixed. Not happy, as it happened ata time when I really need it, and this one can't recieve calls.
If the weather would just cooperate, I'd have thesub liner in my kind, and possibly the pool liner too, with a bit of storm water in after the shower we just had.
Its all about the adventure in getting there

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
The lack of pond is something I want fixed. 1) I need my pond for relaxation, 2) the remaining waterlillies need more space, 3) the leopard frogs need a home! In the driveway, we have puddles we call our moats, which are just deep enough for frogs now, but not good for them as we have no options but drive through them, so we loose some frogs to car and truck tires. The pond would offer them space for spawning, deep enough to shelter them, and safe from vehicles.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My hubby had two phones in swim suit pocket that "managed" to get hot tub wet. He now has a phone that is water proof. When I get a new one he gets my old one. He is hard on phones.

25F this am

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Yeah, I'm hard on phones too. I'd managed to keep this one for about 3 years, maybe more, with only one trip to the phone repair when the battery swelled and cracked the screen.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I am cleaning both of my mowers and checking filters and oil and general greasing and they are now out in the sun drying .I did all the gaskets and changed the belts and batteries this past winter .Batteries were finally not staying charged and they were the ones in the mowers when I bought them .I wanted to wash the vehicles but pollin is bad so checked oil and everything else on them .

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Making lima bean and ham hock soup out or left over honey baked ham.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Triedto get a look at kittens. No luck, the20ft ladder istoo short, by about 6 ft as far as I can guess. But I setup a bin of water and moved out the waterlillies from the aquariums. And some of my iris are blooming! And I have two rose buds with color showing. I should have blooms soon

Attachments

• 20200423_144813.jpg
    20200423_144813.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 42
  • 20200418_164528.jpg
    20200418_164528.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 41
Reaction score
Country
United States
Watched a red tail hawk fight (not really a fight) a crow over a prairie dog that he (I'm assuming the hawk) killed in my yard (didn't see that part). The hawk left it for the crows.

Right now sitting down in front of the TV to watch the NFL draft.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Drove over to our new old boat, the marina needed us to move it to our permanent slip, we were waiting for another boat to move out. They told us since it is considered a home/property/boat we were allowed to make a essential trip to check on it. Not allowed to take it out unless we are fishing for food.

Got here yesterday, managed to unload all the stuff we bought for the boat back in March, then it started raining, still raining. We are moving it tomorrow, supposed to be sunny and calm winds.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Overnight, 5 of the iris up front bloomed! I didn't expect that as it was a stormy night. And I'm pleased with how these look, I'm debating between putting them all along the circle of my drive, or near my pond. Down side to the circle is it'll be a pain to mow there, I'm fighting a sticky clinging weed, and need to kill that off and replace it with better plants. That area also dries up in summer. However, it gets full Sun which the flowers seem to appreciate. The pro's to the pond area is more moisture, the down side is less Sun. I may just do a bit of both, with most along the pond for now, and a few plants in the circle till I can get the plants I want established.

Attachments

• 20200424_122953.jpg
    20200424_122953.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 47
  • 20200424_122958.jpg
    20200424_122958.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 41

Ask a Question