Whatcha doing today?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
well nice day clouds and sun and checked all the fluids in all 3 cars .Chi's were running around the back yard barking at the deer in the woods .The deer just ignore them ,poor little bossy guys get no satisfaction in scaring them ..I wish I could do a video or pics but I could be charged with baiting deer if someone see's it .Funny no gun and don't eat meat and it is my woods .I gave them fresh water and another bale of straw to lay on .
People need to get the hell out of other peoples business. Sure if they are illegal acts they need to be stopped but when deer are constantly hiding in your yard its obviously a safe place.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
replaced toilet , installed new dish washer, laundry , cleaned up tge shop, went on a 350 mile ride found tge Chesapeake Bridge by accident "talk about the wrong turn " 18 bucks and I think its 27 miles long.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
At least i didn't get hit with a down pour out there on the bridge absolutely nowhere to hide.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Working night shift, I meet some characters! Had two different guys ( pretty close to drunk if not actually drunk, they both walked over from the motel next door) try hitting on me last night. Sorry boys, I didn’t date younger guys when I was single, I’m not single, and neither was my type.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Lol I feel yea Jamie the stewardess on the flight home last night smacked me everything she walked by i guess when she was scolding me for the mask being to small to fit my face and i apologized for being a bit larger then most. Every time as I pulled it up over very my nose and said two words my chin pulled it down imediately.
. So she told me to keep up on pulling it up or shed have to slap me. I guess I should have replied with something other then oh my I might enjoy that. I cried out harassment but no one seemed to be concerned.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Just enjoying my bicycle rides every morning in this beautiful warm sunshine we are having. Need to mow the weeds tho!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I’ve got an old guy I don’t mind his friendly flirting, but these guys were seriously trying to flirt. I’m more than 10 years older, And much more experienced than them, which makes a big difference. I won’t say I’d never date a guy 10+ years younger, but when I’ve got kids I see as my own that are your age, it’s kinda hard to see the one flirting as more than a kid. With all I’ve seen and done, boys don’t interest me. If I were single, they still wouldn’t interest me.
I did enjoy a bit of an ego boost, it’s nice to know guys are interested, especially when I’ve not felt terribly attractive, I’m feeling my age and miles! If I were a car, I’d be an older model with the odometer rolling over, well beyond what other cars of the same age might show! Not yet a classic, but someday!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Spent the day putting some final touches on the pond. I know many who have watched the build say what could possibly be next. I installed a smaller pump in the cistern. I dropped from 3500 gph to 800. And this pump is also hooked up to a float kill switch. So when the cistern empties out of rain water. The pump will shut off. At that point Sh_ts creeks water level will start to drop and at that point a wireless sensor will turn on the city water and will maintain the water level until which time that the cistern collects a good rain again and refills. And at that time the float switch will turn on the pump up to sh_ts creek. If it sounds a bit complicated its not without some trial and error, thats for sure. I also cut the skimmer out for now. And used that line to install a new drain line from sh_ts creek its the last small pond before the water goes down into the cistern. So any fish that makes its way over the negative edge they have one last hope that I find them in sh_ts creek. It also now uses the ponds main pump to pull water from sh_ts creek more then trippling tge waterfall over the negative edge and the surface skimming. Through dead pool.

Ok i guess I need to layout the project
The main bog and the pea stone bog are side by side. With a 12 inch water fall
There's a 25 foot long stream that has a 6 inch drop down to the sm a ll upper pond 16x7.
From there there is two waterfalls the main 36 inch wide falls with a 16 inch drop.
And the log waterfall.
These dump into the main pond that has 2 main drains at the bottom of 6 foot depth. There is a helix skimmer to one end of the pond and on the other is dead pool that area was built so I could have a chance in catching the fish in the pond. So dead pool has a 20 inch opening to a 17 foot long narrow area with only 36 inch depth. I block off this area so I can catch the fish. I have at least 10 that need to go now last years babies are about 8 inches and growing fast they are black with a golden ginrin and a couple have butterfly tails. But there's at least 8 of them. And then theres the dozen this years babies and my already 30 fish. UGGGGGGGGGG..... This Is why I have made the pond bigger / easier to catch the fish. Ok then dead pool has a 40 inch wide negative edge that drops a foot down to sh_ts creek. That drains partially to the 2500 gallon cistern all pumped with 12000 gph. Which the flow probably increased a 4th due to removing about 60 feet of pipe from the skimmer. And with the new hookup the new pipe is about 15 feet thus less to lift and push. If anyone can follow all that your good.
Oh and ripped out at least 6 double arm full of plants. From the stream little and big pond. Never made it to the bog.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Like your tastes Addy love the patterns and color sceme

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
holly cow I knew I typed a lot but whoops

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Like your tastes Addy love the patterns and color sceme
Thanks bought some stick on carpet, sort of like stick on tile! What I like is it is thin, easy to cut, sissors, and will stick onto the doors. We picked a smoke gray. Lowes had a stack of the squares. So working on the doors we brought home waiting for Laura to rain today, then maybe to the boat tomorrow.

Worked just 4 hives yesterday, hubby out of commission , neighbor helped with a few at the farm near us. Boy did I get a heat smack, neighbor told me I turned white, pulse up to 158, had to sit on the ground before I could even get back to the car. Had to fight through it cause can't leave the hives open to weather, had to finish. They were weak hives I could not put off taking care of. I need to live in Alaska!

Can't wait for winter to come!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I'm afraid location doesn't matter much moving will only get you to start all over again. Not in your nature to sit. Wait another year or two they will come up with some kinda name for the condition.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Had my niece text me asking if I had a picture of my dad in his military uniform. She looked after him and took care of him for a long time before he passed in 2012. Found photos of both parents in uniform and was able to scan and print out copies to send. Who knew this printer could do these things! I'm not good with electronics! 17665.jpeg

Ask a Question