turtle paced.
smridingturtle.gif

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I spent the whole day prepping plants to winterize, now all it's left to do is cleaning out the beds so they're ready for next Spring
My pond water is down to 52.1, soon I won't be feeding my babies anymore
smsad3.gif

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Did our hallway today carried the laundry flooring out, next empty another room and do the floor. While removing stuff anything untouched for years is being given away and or tossed.

Bears favorite bear, almost bigger than him, he carries it everywhere.
20201014_083930.jpg

Same flooring just different light. Need to fix the base some pulled from the wall as I was putting the flooring under it.

20201017_180028.jpg
20200929_150238(1).jpg

Cleaned the filter on the hot tub pond, one of those matala pre filters. Pulled some of the excess plant growth, leaving a lot for them to have over winter. Counted lily buds coming to the surface, darn things are regrowing after I just groomed them down.

Was going to mow, battery dead, need to jump it.

Cut down some weed trees. Groomed up some of the maple leaves dump, used my tractor to bush hog them into smaller pieces.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
When I got up yesterday, one of the pups was doing the mindless barking they do. Went out to tell her to knock it off, to discover it wasn’t mindless, there was a possum eating the cats food on the porch. It was reluctant to leave, I used some of my purple wound spray on it’s butt and it decided the cat food wasn’t that good after all.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Spent the weekend going on poker rides. " Where motorcyclist go on a ride some times by the hundreds" And while doing so we met a couple guys one was retired D.O.D and the other was a young man on a rat rod. The more we talked at each stop the more this kid impressed me. He was 23 years old and seemed to have his head on straight and had not bought into any of the FREE this FREE that BS that's the younger generation is falling for today . We later found out he had become a police officer for a major metropolis in VA. With all the BULL that is being dumped toward the police today i was amazed that a young intelligent guy would feel so strongly to PROTECT AND TO SERVE even though some including our media today was pushing to alienate and DEFUND our police. Then he mentioned he was also in the reserves and was heading for a demobilization of Afghanistan where he would be guarding high ranking officials as they stride to hand the reins to natives. The ride was for raising funds for dna testing of soldier remains and for families of all conflicts. At the end of the ride they had the usual raffles , 50 50 and they also had a couple auction items. One of which was a hand made American flag made of wood. This was painted and had burnt edges that was very tastefully done .The best part was in the white stripes of the flag was THE PLEDGE OF ALEGANCE. Well i bid on the flag and unfortunately it got a bit pricey for what i had in mind but I said heck with it as it was for a good cause. I ended up winning the auction on the flag and as they brought it over I asked for everyone to give me there attention for a minute. Where i shared the day we had on the ride and meeting this young man. That there was not enough good stories in todays society and that i wanted to honor a young man and that I wanted to donate the most expensive piece of wood i had ever bought to this young man who was clearly on the right path despite the BULL of today. The young mans buddy came to me after and said he had wished he had known what i was doing as he was bummed he didn't video it, and it was about the most special thing he had ever seen. it seems he was not alone as EVERYONE CAME UP and shook the young mans hand and mine. No masks naked hand to hand hand shakes and hugs.
God Bless America
On the left is the impressive young man standing with his buddy.
flag.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
My weekend! I have plans to rest, clean, and bake. Going to try making danishes. And I’m going to make a big big batch of basic muffin mix, as muffins are probably the easiest breakfast type baked good I can do at work. I need to do some cleaning in my room as I heard a mouse playing under the bed, and then more cleaning upstairs, as son and his wife are here now, and there are fleas and more mice up there. And I have a new book to read!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Plants arrived! 4+ days late, should have arrived the 13th, maybe the 14th, but we’ve had two little cold snaps, ups has annoyed me with their inability to recognize the numeric street name, when that’s what google commonly calls my road. Good amount of plants, each group of plants was good sized, I didn’t see any of the snails he warns of. I’m happy. I’ve put them into my two betta tanks to warm up, I’ll be shifting some to the guppy pond once I know what’s needed.
image.jpg

Ignore the mouse traps in the small picture, we may have caught “ too smart for me” cheeky thing, but I’ve still got others to remove. Oh and since I gave Momma cat outside a live mouse, she’s gifted me with two much larger dead field mice in the same bin I put the live one. I appreciate her gesture, but just can’t find time to skin them out to make a set of toe warmers... so sadly they are going to be re gifted to another of the critters.

Attachments

• 57A23F83-C370-459B-9DAB-ACF1E73EB9BB.jpeg
    57A23F83-C370-459B-9DAB-ACF1E73EB9BB.jpeg
    205.2 KB · Views: 34
  • F802B071-EDC7-45DE-8433-8AF554BC8E5E.jpeg
    F802B071-EDC7-45DE-8433-8AF554BC8E5E.jpeg
    160.8 KB · Views: 29
  • C8129D77-EEAE-4431-A579-A62372EF6610.jpeg
    C8129D77-EEAE-4431-A579-A62372EF6610.jpeg
    163 KB · Views: 31
  • 365F97F4-26E6-4310-9DE1-574251C2E7BA.jpeg
    365F97F4-26E6-4310-9DE1-574251C2E7BA.jpeg
    150.4 KB · Views: 34
  • DA249805-CC98-45A3-A813-A6B9C9B33048.jpeg
    DA249805-CC98-45A3-A813-A6B9C9B33048.jpeg
    201 KB · Views: 36
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I’ve identified most of them. 10 clusters, one I haven’t identified which variety, but it’s probably a cryptocoryne, either wendtii green or mioya. A vandelli mayaca, which I thought was water sprite. My green alternanthera reineckii is very red, the monnieri bacopa is what had two stems broken right at the roots, a big cluster of dwarf sagittaria, two regular java fern, and two vallisneria, which are almost two foot tall, but have damaged leaves. So I expect the damaged bits will die off and be replaced. I mixed equal parts dirt from the pond dig and that clay litter I used as substrate that was so ugly, and put them in containers, got tge plants planted except a few select plants tucked in around rocks. I’ll have better pictures once the water clears. The guppies got dwarf sag, bacopa, and the Val, the other plants and a sprig of dwarf sag are in each betta tank. I just hope they do well and fill out nicely.
D4030418-D93E-4839-9F24-6864B8D80152.jpeg
9D58866F-AF34-4781-99BF-22D55D3A1197.jpeg
63A8D6EB-5AA5-478B-AE3E-5FA3ECF9132B.jpeg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I just made 4x size batch of basic muffin mix, to cook at work a bit each night for the morning crowd. It’s a plain muffin, so I can add whatever I want to it, chocolate, chocolate chips, blueberries, to make them appealing. The pizza oven at work makes great muffins.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Been working on the steps in the boat. The original were 16 inches apart, hard to step down. You need to hang on to the rail to make it down safely. And covered with the old leopard skin carpet. The stairs need to be removable, there is the fresh water pump, a inverter, a tank under them. And electrical outlet.
20200902_121746(1).jpg

Put in new framing and now the steps are a 10 inch drop, a bit wider and a lot safer. Need to cover them now. Make removable kick plates. All that equipment needs to reachable.
20201023_072355.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I can tell winter is hitting, the forum tends to get quite. Fewer new threads and posts.
I went shopping for groceries after work, ended up buying while hungry, so ended up making a breakfast a wee bit bigger than I could finish. Hash browns, two eggs, bacon, and two biscuits. Mixed my eggs, bacon, and hash browns, finished all but a few bites, and 1 1/2 biscuits. My cholesterol may go up but my belly is full!!!! I wish I’d gotten some onions and bell peppers to sauté with my hash browns. But every one in the house has full bellies.

Ask a Question