Whatcha doing today?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Mossman (and I did not coin the word--they did!) refers to the fact that the 'helper' doing the trimming would end up with grass all over their legs by the end of the day. Those were in the days when I had trimmers spinning clockwise; now, most are counter clockwise so...no mo mossman...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Well, I used the damaged small pond liner in the kitchen to catch dirt, ended up dumping several pots in, mixing up the soil, trying to see if I’ve lost most of those flower bulbs, I have one large planter for herbs, one for flowers, and several small ones I put old seeds in, I did one of watermelon, one of bell peppers, one salad greens, one of carrots,one of beans, then set them outside wrapped in the liner. I’ll give it a few weeks then see if I have any sprouts, these seeds are several years old, so not sure if viable or not.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Sometimes seed can surprise you. I have had some of mine for many years and some of them sprout each year. I keep them in a container in the garage fridge.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I finally almost got my first field cleared of trees in Farming Simulator today. I also had to take and share these two shots. My toys as a kid vs. my toys now. Very much the same.

20210227_215747.jpg

20210227_215752.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I apparently did too much, neck and shoulder muscles are complaining, dad took the new dose of his meds and it gave him a bad headache, and one pup has a sick belly. I’ll be stretching the tight muscles, I’ve got messes to clean, laundry to do, and a sick pup to care for. I gave him pepto, he didn’t like it. Next I’ll see if I have any mint left and make him mint tea, it is all natural.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Poor pup. He’s so not feeling good. He’s not dehydrated yet, but puked when he drinks too much, so I made him take some activated charcoal in case it’s food poisoning or something toxic, and am syringe feeling him sweet mint tea in case it’s just tummy problems.
I went out to check my mint patch, to see if I could gather some to feed him directly, that’s a no go. That hard freeze thinned it out and killed off all that was above the fallen leaves. But I grabbed 3 good sprigs to grow in my bog, the last batch I brought in was kicked out of the bog by cats.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
He passed away. With our surplus of dogs, I can’t regret loosing one, but I’m sad a pup passed away so young. With no money for a vet bill, I did what I could to try to save him, but I can’t do surgery, which I suspect is all that would have saved him. At least his end was peaceful and he was loved.
No condolences are needed, I’m fine, just sad, and he was lucky to live as long as he did, since we suspect owls got at least two of his siblings. And until we have money coming in regular again, one less dog is a good thing. Now I’m off to go finish the cleaning I was working on, and then I get to finish doing laundry.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
today’s plans: uncover the wood beams to start drying back out, burn trash, and go mess with plumbing to find out why things aren’t draining right.
Trash got burned, beams were uncovered, but when we came in for lunch, we ended up going on a short work run. Plumbing is moved to tomorrow. I’m just now cooking dinner, when we normally eat about 2-3 hours ago. I’ve still got to go outside and bring in my tulips I put out to get some sun, I’ve got 4 blooms there now, well 2 and two just showing color!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Today...............heading over to annapolis, make sure our boat is still afloat! Had a test buffer job done on it, going to check out how it looks then tell the company to go for it. Old gel coat needs care to keep it in decent shape. Doing a drive by trip. Taking the windows that I brought home to clean and polish, plastic. Taking the wood trim for the fridge. Our first stay trip we will have less to haul this way.

Then heading to our fav seafood restaurant on Kent island, pick up a good haul of food and bring it home to eat. We usually pick up enough for almost a week of eating , the servings are so huge!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The boat is floating, smells good, dry, waiting for us to come back. We will have the wrap removed and the same company is going to do a good compound polish job on the old gel coat.

The food was beyond good, we only managed to eat 1.5 appetizers. Have enough for at least 3 more meals.

And WE GOT OUR FIRST SHOT so darn happy, been trying for weeks to schedule it. Second scheduled at the end of this month. Got too much to live for to let this virus take us out. Yeah we might not get it, might not get it bad, but might also get it bad, might die, might be a long hauler, so we got the shot.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
The boat is floating, smells good, dry, waiting for us to come back. We will have the wrap removed and the same company is going to do a good compound polish job on the old gel coat.
I'm assuming your previous boat had a single engine. Do you find this twin engine boat easier to back into a slip?

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I'm assuming your previous boat had a single engine. Do you find this twin engine boat easier to back into a slip?
Yes, it is 40 feet, with the two engines you can move it so much easier. We need to take it out and play with it some to really learn the boat. For a while we could not take it out, then once they allowed it, the area was overwhelmed with boats. We decided we would rather wait for calmer boating times. This summer we want to go on a few trips with it.

Hubby has had boats forever, biggest was 26 feet, so this is a lot bigger. I had a boat a scanoe.
We leave it parked a lot, spent the summer fixing it up.

Actually bought a 21 foot stingray to use to go to docks, restaurants, ice cream runs, once it is allowed. We have it sitting at the marina we bought it from, east of baltimore, our towing vehicle is being used for storage of tools. We have a roof leak on the garage, been waiting for the solar panels to be removed so it can be fixed. So once we can empty it we will go and get the boat. Then take it to a marina near where our big boat is and put it in a boatel for the summer. 124 hours on the engine.
IMG_5575.jpeg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Yes, it is 40 feet, with the two engines you can move it so much easier. We need to take it out and play with it some to really learn the boat. For a while we could not take it out, then once they allowed it, the area was overwhelmed with boats. We decided we would rather wait for calmer boating times. This summer we want to go on a few trips with it.

Hubby has had boats forever, biggest was 26 feet, so this is a lot bigger. I had a boat a scanoe.
We leave it parked a lot, spent the summer fixing it up.

Actually bought a 21 foot stingray to use to go to docks, restaurants, ice cream runs, once it is allowed. We have it sitting at the marina we bought it from, east of baltimore, our towing vehicle is being used for storage of tools. We have a roof leak on the garage, been waiting for the solar panels to be removed so it can be fixed. So once we can empty it we will go and get the boat. Then take it to a marina near where our big boat is and put it in a boatel for the summer. 124 hours on the engine.
When navigating in the marina, I recommend setting the rudders straight with the steering wheel, and use just the engines to steer. In 20 years, I never touched the steering wheel once when it came to fine tuning navigation. With one engine in the forward position and one in reverse, you can spin 360 degrees without going forward or backwards. Always take it slow an you will be fine. Practice makes perfect.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Thanks good suggestion.

I will tell hubby, I need to learn to control the boat in case something happens to him when we are out. When we moved it from one slip to another we had people running to help us back in. Hooks ropes etc. We were not doing too bad, but first time to drive the boat. The guy we bought it from brought it over.

Ask a Question