sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
mowed and trimmed today and probably 1 or 2 times more .Hot today but a nice breeze rain coming friday evening into maybe saturday so had to get grass done so it would not lay down and be hard to mow when it does dry out

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I pulled out a lot of anacharis from the pond to give my fish more room to swim and ordered a pond aerator from Amazon.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Treated 20 hives for mites, groomed 6 more lilies.................

Helped a old lady with her hives, unfortunately dying hives.

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Winter storm????? How much @MitchM?

Well, we finally bought our Generac 11kW Home Backup Generator, and today the electrician finished the installation. $5650 for soup-to-nuts for it. The propane company was here today. It will be another two weeks before they come to run the gas line. We are going to switch out our 200lb propane tank (46 gallons) to 2-420lb tanks (192 gallons). Oh, the weather outside might get frightful, but let it snow, let it snow, let it snow! ;)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
We got about 8 or 10 inches of snow, but it rained first.
The truck doors were frozen shut - that was fun, lol.
I plugged the truck in for a few hours first so it warmed up quickly.

Nice generator!

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
EEKS!, @MitchM. Can't believe you are already dealing with this kind of weather. I hate Winter, and have no idea how I wound up living in the Pocono Mountains in PA.

Yes, happy with our generator...been wanting to get it the past few years.

Last edited:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have heat and lady bug invasion to deal with .3 times a year we get invaded with them .My sister had a vacation house in the Poconos .One of those chalet type house years ago .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
We already had our first snow, but not a lot and it disappeared as soon as the sun came back out!

@MoonShadows I don't know what I would do without my generator! ... mine is just one of those you plug in and runs on gas....I'm the only one on my street hooked up to city gas, everyone else still on propane, because one of the neighbors didn't ok the proposal to dig through her property

Today looks promising!... I don't have to run anywhere, I have the usual weekend cleaning to do, then later my 21yr old is joining us for dinner and games...I love when we're all together! :)

Have a great weekend, all!
smgrouphug3.gif

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I have heat and lady bug invasion to deal with .3 times a year we get invaded with them .My sister had a vacation house in the Poconos .One of those chalet type house years ago .
That happened here one year, brown ladybugs everywhere it was impossible not to step on them!
Seems like every year we get invaded by some bug, but it's never the same kind...I wonder why

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
We used to get lady bugs in the house so bad on warm days in the Fall that we had to vacuum them off the windows...and, I am not talking a few on each window, I am talking hundreds...several times a day.

Today, I am driving into NY to see my Mom in the Nursing Home. 100+ years old! Her mind is still pretty sharp.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I got the window box bogs emptied on the one pond and did the 2nd day of treatment for possible parasites. Cleaned up planters on decks and pulled curtians off the canopy. Got rid of several dozen ladybugs that managed to sneak into the house. Saturday, 2 cords of firewood coming and last treatment on pond. Still waiting for a hard frost before cutting back the lilies.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
These are regular red and black lady bugs the brown ones come here also and when you squish them they smell like stink bugs

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
We had a stink bug invasion this year - disgusting. The upstairs bedrooms were full of them, virtually overnight. Blech. And their name doesn't lie. PLUS THEY FLY WHEN YOU TRY TO CATCH THEM! Oh, the horror!

stinkbug_285.jpg

Ask a Question