Whatcha doing today?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Not doing much, felt sick at the start of the week, it got worse then learned it's the flu. I don't normally get very sick so this stinks because I'm tired and bored.
Look on the bright side your getting it over with sooner then latter?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Not doing much, felt sick at the start of the week, it got worse then learned it's the flu. I don't normally get very sick so this stinks because I'm tired and bored.
So sorry you're sick!
smconfort.gif

As for "tired and bored" I'm feeling the same way cause it's suppose to rain all day and I can't do anything I was planing on doing outdoor
I know, I know I said I didn't care if it rain now that the liner is on, but does it have to rain ALL DAY?
smmad3.gif

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
sorry you are sick but this weird weather is getting lots of people sick .I take zink and extra vitamin C ,We have alerts on our cards but it is a pain because then the credit card cancels the card and then you have to wait on a new one

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Hope you feel better soon @Tara
I take Zicam if I think I'm getting a cold but the flu, I don't know how to prevent that other than lock yourself in a closet. I won't get those flu shots cuz I don't trust them.

We had rain during the night but it's slacked off some now. Hoping to get a dry ride in but very doubtful. Then do some cleaning inside................drat and double drat!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
@j.w I don't get the flu shot either, lack of testing gives me the hibby gibbys. Have not had a flu before now though, so I can't complain too much as it seems to me I got a pass each year by dodging it. Locked in a closet, ha ha, even if I went to Tim buck two the kids would find me, they always seem to know where Mammy is.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
spent a whole hour and a half in rural king and what deals and free fresh popped popcorn and free fresh brewed coffee how great is that ,.Oh my gosh could have spent more time there also .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
At the moment, I’m soaking and teaching my cats about water. I had a cat years ago, that would sit on the edge and play with the water, up to his elbows, while I bathed. He fell in a few times, would get out, dry off, and come back. Tonight, as I filled the tub, Grimm started the way Knight had, by a very keen interest in water, watching swirls, eddies, and walking along the rim. My husband had just been talking about that, so I filmed it, started to text him, when Splash! Grimm went in! For a panicked polydactyl, I only got 1 small claw mark! He has 7 toes each front paw, I get more scratches when he wants to groom me! My husband heard my laughter, came in, and moments later, Grimm was back at the bathroom door! Soaked, but it’s progress!
Cats that are good with water make bathtime easier!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We have alerts on our cards but it is a pain because then the credit card cancels the card and then you have to wait on a new one
Yeah a pain, but they usually overnight the card to me. I have had a new card sent over night even to a Florida hotel.

Today walking the board walk at ocean city, we can now take the pup. They don't allow them from May until the end of September. 5 miles if you walk the entire way, 2.5 each direction.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
They overnight them but I was out one time and tried to use my card and it was stopped and had to call from my cell phone to find out why and it was a fraud alert .It had just happened not even an hour before and it happened in NJ and when I tried to purchase stuff at the store here it alerted them I was not in NJ .They people tried to buy tires and have them installed and police were called when the goodyear store was notified and they were still there waiting for their truck tires to be put on .They did it online and then went to the store to get them installed .I was told it was a man and woman .They were arrested .That was just last year ,but not good for me at the store .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I had an issue with my card one time, I was away with the kids when my card was declined. I got a phone call from the bank a few minutes later asking was I in Ohio. I said no and was then told a large purchase for scuba gear was made, also a large purchase at a supermarket. The people using my info were flagged at a gas station after entering wrong zip code. I went to the bank the next day, I was told that people buy blank rewards cards in bulk, instead of been used for a rewards program for a business however, these people download your bank card number to that blank magnetic strip, so they can swipe it at a store. How they get the card number is by taking a photo of it when you use it, I was advised to pay cash if eating out so the card would not leave my sight, also pay inside at a gas station as they can be hotspots for thieves installing a device that downloads your cards information.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Working at a gas station, I know we check pumps daily to ensure they are clean, and don’t have any info skimmer on the card reader. I can’t say other sifts are as diligent as I am, or that other stores are. So if you are ever in doubt, pay inside.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I always pay cash for gas .To many skimmers caught at pumps here .I saw one at the sheetz gas station oven in eden NC saturday when my sister and I were getting gas and the attendent called the police and shut the pump .down.So sad when hard working people get ripped off by lazy good for nothings .Seems like around here they get them at the gas pumps a lot .small town America is at risk like bigger cities

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I know it’s not just gas stations. Sonic is another one, I got my card info stolen there once. Now I pay cash! That lets me tip them too, so better deal, but... any place that is open to the public with an unsupervised card reader is subject to suspicion in my eyes, including any card readers in gas stations that are less than reputable, cause I’ve seen shady clerks. I watch where I work, and check card readers at the register and at the pumps, when they are cleaned daily. We have what is essentially a firm alcohol wipe that cleans the card readers, and that gets done daily, which lets us check.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
it is just a sad world of idiots that want to get rich on all of our hard work .

Ask a Question