Whats a good place to buy aquatic plants from

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
When it warms up and they start growing again, I run ads on Craigs List for anyone in the SoCal area that are driving distance to my ponds. I don't ship plants or fish. I have a lot of Orange county folks that stop by during summer months.

Reaction score
I'm assuming that in California :goldfish: (me too) there are restrictions on out of state nurseries. California is very protective of their ag industry and what they allow in. Every major highway into the state has an agriculture inspection station where you must stop and submit to questions by an officer.

Correct me if I'm wrong about water plants.

So are there any in-state internet stores for buying plants in California?

Reaction score
c2c7390 said:
what is your favorite/most reliable place to buy pond plants from
Depends what state your are from but in California - Sunland Water Gardens!!
They have been around for 30 years and have absolutely Everything you need for your Pond. Including tons of free friendly advise! The address is 9948 Sunland Blvd, Sunland Ca 91350

Reaction score
I like www.http://www.fosterandsmith.com

Great quality, nice selection, and very reasonable shipping costs.

Frankly, I've not had as good an experience with Trickers. I figured since they've been in business for over 100 years, they must me great. Maybe my expectations were too high. Quality is good, but customer service and communication is poor. Shipping costs can be very expensive.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
There's a nursery that only sales wholesale in Exeter, California. Southwest Aquatics LLC.
call and ask where they deliver close to you.
Phone: 559-594-4939

Ask a Question