What's a "Showcase"?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
All I know is that it shows members pics, but how is it different from a thread in "Photography"?
If I wanted to post my pond, and updates as the pond changes with seasons/ new fish, should I post a regular thread in the photography Forum, or a Showcase?

IPA

Reaction score
63b Chesapeake-Pamlico Lowlands and Tidal Marshes
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
The show case is nice. I've browsed a lot of them. There are 3 tabs, discussion, media and another. It allows a viewer to see the build and then tab over to the discussion page rather than having to scroll through the thread to see all the pictures, details and descriptions by the creator.
I have really enjoyed looking through the showcase and encouraged you to create one.

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
@Gemma...a showcase is just what it sounds like...a place to showcase your pond....from the Overview...to the planning and construction...to the Fish/Plant Stock...any videos you may have...and a discussion on your pond.

Hey, take the plunge. It's a fun feature hear at the Garden Pond Forum.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I just saw the post suggestions below, and Ian's detailed explanation...boy do I feel stupid now for starting this tread!

Well my pond is already built and although I love it, it's probably not worthy of a Show Case, so I might just post a thread in the photography Forum

IPA

Reaction score
63b Chesapeake-Pamlico Lowlands and Tidal Marshes
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I just saw the post suggestions below, and Ian's detailed explanation...boy do I feel stupid now for starting this tread!

Well my pond is already built and although I love it, it's probably not worthy of a Show Case, so I might just post a thread in the photography Forum
Your pond is most certainly worthy of being in the showcase section. The section was created for the members to use; please do "submit " a showcase, it isn't a contest but a place to "show off" your pond but mostly a place for everyone to enjoy viewing all the lovely pictures and descriptions.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States

nope make a showcase, one thing is it does not get "lost" in all the posts that go on

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
@Gemma - yes please create a showcase! Even though your pond is already built, you can give details of your build, document the plants and fish you have, continue to add pictures, and keep a thread going related to the showcase. And as @addy1 said, it wont get lost like a separate thread might.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I love the showcase feature... but I really have to get into it and edit mine one of these days since photobucket removed all my pics. (n)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Ok, I'll get to it!
Thanks guys!
love2.gif

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Never mind, I figured it out

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
You did good!
Thanks!
I didn't know what I was doing, I thought images had to placed in the proper section and I was trying to copy/paste codes here and there

Ask a Question