MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Yupper. It caught me off guard. It was close yesterday, and with all the rain today, I completely forgot. I was pleasantly surprised when I walked out on the deck and looked down. At first I thought, what's that in the pond? Then realized it was the lily!

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
My first 3 lilies bloomed and died while I was at work. Like they would come to the surface on a Monday, open after I left for work and close before I got home and be done blooming by Friday. I was dying!!
When my lotus popped a bud up, I had my family checking on it everyday since they were home. LOL They had to send me pictures every afternoon. I was so tickled that it bloomed for the first time on Saturday.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
my desert rose is blooming and my lilies
101_1233.JPG
101_1237.JPG
101_1316.JPG
101_1327.JPG
101_1318.JPG
101_1314.JPG

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
yep caught 15 of them so far in the lily pond and they will be taken to a farm pond for a new home

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
We aren't getting flowers on the waterlilies AT ALL this year. We've had maybe five blooms on four plants, total. I've fertilized on schedule, but I think we just haven't had the hot weather they like. Generally by this time we are seeing five or more blooms A DAY. Weird weather patterns.

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Last night I went out on the deck and my lily bloom was gone! Oh, no it wasn't; it had closed up. This morning it bloomed again. I didn't know they closed up at night.

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
We aren't getting flowers on the waterlilies AT ALL this year. We've had maybe five blooms on four plants, total. I've fertilized on schedule, but I think we just haven't had the hot weather they like. Generally by this time we are seeing five or more blooms A DAY. Weird weather patterns.
That is so weird Addy. I am completely the reverse. I am getting regular flowers but all my lily pads are soooo tiny.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That is so weird Addy.
lol it wasn't me saying that is was lisak.
My lilies have been ignored, no fertilize, some floating upside down, darn deer, and they are still blooming and blooming well.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Without the Lilies and late start on Irises and Hyacinths, this hasn't been the best year for flowers in my the pond!
I'll do better next year! ...and for now I sit here and enjoy everyone else's!

Ask a Question