What's happened to GPF?

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Is anyone else having this nightmare? Different look, have to type in my user name and password every couple of minutes, no "new posting" symbols!!! If this is permanent, I for one wont be back! John

Reaction score
wow, this is different, give it a chance. I will have to look around and see how it all works and where everything is.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hi John,

I'm sorry you're having problems - we performed the upgrade to make things easier to use for people here, although there may be some teething problems.

If you clear the browser cookies, that should resolve the login issue (it shouldn't log you out like that).

Also, there are new posting symbols - they just look a little different. There are two main ways to view new posts... one is to click the "view new content" button in the top right. The other is to look for any rows highlighed in orange on the main forum, or for topic rows with a dot symbol in the left corner.

Over the next few days we'll be tweaking things to get them just right - the conversion only happened a few moments ago so we haven't had a chance to collect feedback yet.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Very very nice, great job Ian, now time to play and see all it does

Reaction score
So far so good, it looks nice. Moving around the forum is fine. The Gallery tab does not do anything yet. Through my profile I can see all the pics I posted.

Just clicked on the Gallery again and I see it is for member albums.

The edit posts works too. :regular_waving_emot

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Good job Ian. Will take a little time to get used to all the new look and features, but thank you..

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
The gallery should be fully online in just a few moments :regular_waving_emot. The new gallery is much, much easier to use and allows for bulk uploading and automatic resizing - so it should save a lot of time :regular_waving_emot.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Looks great so far! Much easier I think to go through forums for information. And easy to find my own threads and posts through profile (in case I forget where they are, which is not uncommon). LIKE!

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
John, we have been discussing this swap over for some time, everyone has had a chance to add what they would like to see, It's the first day of the swap over. In fact this is my first post and and I haven't had a chance to even see how it looks and I'm responding to your complaint. Give it a chance, Ian can't do it all in a finger snap, this does take a little time to work out the bugs and get everything working properly. may take a day or two or a week or two for it all to get settled in. I'm just as lost as everyone else, But in the long run it is suppose to have so many more options that are user friendly and hopefully a huge stepping stone to making it a all around better site.

ididntdoit99

ididntdoit99
Reaction score
Okay.. can someone explain to me how to uplaod an image from my desktop right a thread, without having to put it in my album first? Im not seeing it. I see this button for my media which brings up all the pictures ive posted in the past.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Okay.. can someone explain to me how to uplaod an image from my desktop right a thread, without having to put it in my album first? Im not seeing it. I see this button for my media which brings up all the pictures ive posted in the past.

The "My Media" button is for existing images that you've uploaded - the easiest way to upload an image is to click on the "more reply options" button and to upload pics using the attachments box. I'll get a video made in the next couple of days to show how to post images and I'll also see if there's a way to add it to the my media button (I agree, that button seems like the logical place to have an option). :)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
haro stay we will miss you .It will get better and you will be able to stay on and smcox1 your pics look a 100% better on here

Ask a Question