What's the water temperature in your pond?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Today the temp in both my ponds is 57.2F
smpond.gif

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I don't measure water temp as a habit, I do it when I need to know what or if to feed
Right now I'm waiting for the temp to reach 64-65F so I can gradually start introducing the Summer foods
At what temp do you guys start to introduce the high protein food?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Today my side pond is 58.2 and my back pond is 58.9
I don't understand why some days both ponds are at the same temp, and some days there's a difference of several degrees (?)
I do understand that at the end of Winter the larger pond takes longer to deice and warm up, but once they reach the same temp shouldn't they stay within a couple of degrees?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
Country
United States
Pond is at 78 today and the shubies have been on summer food since it was 72. That are always hungry. Hard to resist those little mouths. Feeding three times a day about 3 little pellets per fish.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Pond is at 78 today and the shubies have been on summer food since it was 72. That are always hungry. Hard to resist those little mouths. Feeding three times a day about 3 little pellets per fish.
lucky fish, mine get none! I want them to inhale the eggs they are dropping.

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
I don’t know temp in the big pond, but fish are all being their usual piggy selves eating anything that falls in the pond. Last time I checked the juvenile turtle pond, it was 68 but that was a few weeks back. Only reason I was checking it was there were a few turtles that I overwintered in the house and wanted the pond temp close to what I kept them at before reintroducing them to the pond. usually I just watch the turtles and fish behavior to decide when to start feeding. They let me know when they are hungry.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
Country
United States
Oh my, it is 102F and 38% humidity in the back yard with no breeze. Staying inside as according to weather station it feels like 111F. Pond is at 82F. Weather pattern is drawing all this heat up from out west. It does cool off at night to the 60s.

Ask a Question