sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
found 4 of these around my pond this morning again petty but what is it .Does not seem to be afraid of me in any way and has what looks like a feather in front of it's head

Attachments

• pond and bug 026.jpg
    pond and bug 026.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 265
  • pond and bug 024.jpg
    pond and bug 024.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 327

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
another and look at that sky

Attachments

• pond and bug 031.jpg
    pond and bug 031.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 284
  • pond and bug 009.jpg
    pond and bug 009.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 282

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I should have, looked alien to me too and I read that post and it says they are rarely seen by people and I have 4 of them just sitting by my pond and says they only live as adults like 7 days geeze enjoy yourselves then .Gosh never saw one before they say common moth but rarely seen because of short 1 week life span as adults and I get to see 4 at a time

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
I love luna Moth's! They are so cool! Very beautiful, nature's art at it's best. We see then sometimes at the ball fields when the kids were playing baseball. Sissy, Not only are they fairly rare, you have gotten to see four at one time which is really super rare! Thanks for sharing!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
They scared me at first they were just sitting around my pond and one was sitting under the edge of the bridge and could not get a clear shot of him or her .I just went out to check and could not find any of them don't know where they went and funny they did not mind me touching them

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
I remember in High school Biology we had to do a leaf collection and Bug collection for semester projects. I lived in a small town and our Biology teacher and chemistry teacher were husband and wife. He taught Biology she taught Chemistry. They were all the time messing with each other. She would have her class mix up a chemical that stunk like all get out and they would place it by the door and stink out all the Biology students. Well we got told (By the husband) if we could bring in a live Luna Moth or Sphinx Moth for our collection we would get extra credits. I think there were about 8-10 large live moths brought to school that day. He went and stuck them all in her Chemistry lab and all day we heard screams when one would get found. It was funny and at the same time it taught me to love the outdoors. Best two teachers I ever had, they taught us to see nature deeper than the surface, how to enjoy life and most of all, how to appreciate what God had to offer and still understand the scientifics of nature. BTW, they were all released back to the wild unharmed!

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Take a look at this moth that has been hanging out on my porch for the last several days.

Attachments

• P1020874.jpg
    P1020874.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 285

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
ahh yes and I have a bug here gotta take a pic of looks like a lobster with wings anyone know what that can be .I have tried 6 times to get a pic

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
could be there are several of them going from flower to flower gathering necter I guess .Could be malak in going undercover like your stealth hummingbird

Ask a Question