What's wrong with my koi?

Reaction score
http://s1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb398/heuristicaudio/?action=view&current=photo.jpg

When I first saw it like this I thought it was dead but then I tried to pick it up and it wiggled and wanted to stay on the plant pot like it was resting. It's always in between the wall of the pond and a potted plant. I was doing a little research and I don't think it's dropsy because it's scales aren't pokin put like a pine cone and I don't think it's pregnant because well I've never seen a pregnant koi act like this. Could it be a tumor? If so what should I do with it? Also it's abdomen is getting kind of...torn up. What should I do?

Reaction score
Well, I have no idea what is going on w your Koi but we had a similar issue with one of ours last Fall. Unfortunately, we could not catch it. We believe it made it through the winter, but this Spring it was floating. We think it made it through the winter because it still had full color and we had a very mild winter. The Koi could not go deep very well. It continued to get more bloated. I tried the pea feedings, but all the other fish got the peas b4 it did. I felt so sorry for it, but our pond is 24' round above ground pool converted and there were too many places for it to swim to. I hope you figure out what it causing this problem and able to treat her.

:goldfish:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
JewelledDragonflywelcome.gif
Heuristic audio
Don't know how to help you either but hope somebody can soon. Did you try the cooked shelled peas in case it is swim bladder disease? Don't know if they always have to be having the floating upside down symptom which yours does not have.

Ask a Question