MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I was worried you were going to tell us about that body you wish you had buried deeper... :ROFLMAO:

Hmmmm....I never said I didn't have a third regret! :sick:

As far as the 2nd, I feel like I abandoned them for other pursuits. It's probably guilt on my side. The one guy I keep up with keeps urging me to go with them for their quarterly get-to-gether, but I feel like I would be pushing myself back into their lives after all this time. Crazy, I know. Ah, enough said......

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Moon shadow don't feel bad many of us took the same path between the new spouse potential kids, career, becoming a home owner we usually had little time for family members let alone distant friends who were chasing there dreams

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I’m still in touch with my high school best friend, but not so close anymore. Most the others o haven’t seen since I moved away the first time.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
@MoonShadows DO IT!

I reconnected with a group of girlfriends from high school last summer. Some of them were still good friends with one another, others of us had drifted, like you. But now that we are all 50 plus (enough said there!) it just didn't matter anymore. Several who came commented on how hesitant they had been to attend but how glad they were that they did. It's like traveling back in time with people who knew you when you were just becoming you!

None of us has so many friends in our life that we can't welcome a few more, right?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I was a bullied student in junior high, high school. No desire to ever meet or see any body from that time of my life, never went to a reunion, no desire. My real education started when I went to college and left them all behind.

In some ways would be fun to show them all I survived and thrived in life. But no thanks. Most of my adult life was on the other side of the country, just since moving back to MD am I back on my childhood stomping grounds.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
@addy1 - that's so sad. I'm sorry to hear that was your experience. You truly have thrived and become your own person in spite of that unfair mistreatment. As much as our awareness has grown about bullying - we no longer blame the victim and suggest they are somehow responsible, for example - we know it still happens.

Out of curiosity, looking back do you think there was anything adults could have done to intervene that would have changed things? I work with high school students and we are always on the alert for situations where students are being singled out for ridicule or bullying, but the fear is that an adult stepping in will only make the situation worse the next time when no one is around to stop it.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I understand fully!!! I had a brace on one leg and a 6" lift on the other shoe. i was told I would never walk again without it. Proved that one wrong . all through elementary school. I was one of the tallest in the school at that age. But anyone who go too mouthy got hard cold steel accidently jammed into there leg or knee. but yeah there were those who went way too far but it made me stronger in the long run when I got off the brace it made me stronger.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Out of curiosity, looking back do you think there was anything adults could have done to intervene that would have changed things?
If I had told someone, maybe, it was a gang of guys around 20, two leaders and of course their gals. I felt if I said something it would get worse. My dad was a JD physiologist for the county, the students I went to school with knew my dad was involved in their testing, removal from homes, foster care. I was a target.
I never told my dad, never mentioned it to teachers, just took care of it in my own way, avoidance, lousy grades, not a joiner. Except I did join the rifle club and was a expert shot! lol

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
This is my first pond, and you always learn something after you have it for a few years. I'd probably make more of a bog area and slightly larger in size with streams a bit longer and deeper. I really like seeing the fish swim the stream. My wife and I are thinking of moving in 5 years.. too funny, but the one thing we're looking for in a new house is the right land to have the new pond!! rob

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I wish I could make my pond and stream be at the same elevation for the fish to be able to go from the pond and go for a swim down the stream. but there is a power supply cable that will be splitting the pond from the stream area. Buttttt!!!!! where there is a will there is a way I have seen these fish towers as they call them I'm wondering with a self made u shaped fish tank if I couldn't make a ladder / elevator. I absolutely hate the plastic pirates chest bubbling with air or plastic plants in an aquarium but looking out into the garden and seeing fish looking back at you is way to cool. and from the videos I have seen they" the fish " love it to https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...F914A4B5586B2F23738DF914A4B5586B2F2&FORM=VIRE

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
This is my first pond, and you always learn something after you have it for a few years. I'd probably make more of a bog area and slightly larger in size with streams a bit longer and deeper. I really like seeing the fish swim the stream. My wife and I are thinking of moving in 5 years.. too funny, but the one thing we're looking for in a new house is the right land to have the new pond!! rob
not funny at all but shows your priorities are in order...:p

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I wish I could make my pond and stream be at the same elevation for the fish to be able to go from the pond and go for a swim down the stream. but there is a power supply cable that will be splitting the pond from the stream area. Buttttt!!!!! where there is a will there is a way I have seen these fish towers as they call them I'm wondering with a self made u shaped fish tank if I couldn't make a ladder / elevator. I absolutely hate the plastic pirates chest bubbling with air or plastic plants in an aquarium but looking out into the garden and seeing fish looking back at you is way to cool. and from the videos I have seen they" the fish " love it to https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...F914A4B5586B2F23738DF914A4B5586B2F2&FORM=VIRE
do some research on those 'fish towers' as they can be a pita to clean (algae will form quickly and end your viewing pleasure).

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Magnetic scraper with a razor blade yes out doors in the sun will require more cleanings but to see peoples faces as they look out over the water garden and to see fish looking back between some plants PRICELESS

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Magnetic scraper with a razor blade yes out doors in the sun will require more cleanings but to see peoples faces as they look out over the water garden and to see fish looking back between some plants PRICELESS
good luck with that; be interesting to see how long you keep up the maintenance. You'll note no one on this forum (that I can remember) has one and it's for a reason; the novelty wears off quickly. That look on my face as I sit back in my lounge chair, by the side of the pond with drink in hand, and consider how often a fish tower has to be cleaned? Priceless...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Australia
I have always wanted to build a large square two story house, like a big square donut.
The inside of the donut down stairs would be a massive fish tank that every room looked into and upstairs it would be a pond with basking areas for turtles / freshwater crocodiles. The water return would come back down a glass wall around the bathroom.
There would be a verandah / deck all the way around the house with an aviary under it going right around the house, with a pond either side of the front and back doors and creek / stream running right round between the ponds.
Every room would either look into the tank/pond/ skylight or out through the aviary filled with rainforest plants and non destructive birds like finches and doves.
That's the dream anyway!

Ask a Question