Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
40.6 monday morning..
I wish this cold air would go back North

oldmarine

Married 32 years
Reaction score
I can't tell, My son & daughter in law live in Mollala, OR, and that is about the temps they were getting at about the time of the posting.

Happy ponding,
Rich :tongue:

oldmarine

Married 32 years
Reaction score
undertkr,

The kids live about seventeen minutes south of Oregon city. I really like the area down there. The daughter in laws mother down the street has a well landscaped Pond in their back yard. It is multi-level pond and is sculpted with the landscape of the uneven ground aound it with a water fall that looks like it has alaways been there.

Reaction score
Sounds cool. My sister lives in Molalla, too. I haven't talked them into a pond just yet, though.

Things have warmed up here, so I finally got the rock work in my stream done. Just gotta keep plugging away bit by bit. :salook:

Reaction score
I went out to the pond today with an electrician who is doing some work as part of a remodel I'm doing in the house (which likely means I won't be able to build my new pond this coming spring, but will have to wait until next year. bummer).

Anyhoo, I noticed that some of the rocks from my upper pond waterfall had fallen down (they were just dry stacked) and onto the ice on my lower pond (looks to be about one inch thick now). So, I go over to pick them up to put them aside and they were frozen solid into the ice. I could not budge them! Of course, once it thaws a bit they'll likely just fall into the water. Brrrrrr!

Ask a Question