when will life return

Reaction score
be patient, they will come back when the waters are warm enough. If you don't see any little bits of green in the next month, then the plant has likely not made it through the winter.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
My water lettuce and water lillies are coming back. Water hyacinth not so good. My pond was 63.5 this morning.

Reaction score
DrDave said:
My water lettuce and water lillies are coming back. Water hyacinth not so good. My pond was 63.5 this morning.

well today i can finally see some new leafs cumming its been nice few weeks mild but today it has started to snow so i dont know wots going to happen now
tony

Reaction score
well the snow never lasted long didnt settle thanks god. turned in to hail stone then it rained with thunder so i dont know wots gunna happen next lol. still waiting on the frogs cumming to the pond as well there very late. alot of people in england have had a bad luck this year there seems to be some thing up with every ones water with fungus and fish dying for no reason have u read the thing about it yet heres a link its all caused by the snow and ice etc so all the time i was worried it was just my pond in bad shape it was most peoples here
http://www.pondconservation.org.uk/aboutus/News/latestnews/bigpondthawsurveyresults
tony

stroppy

stroppy
Reaction score
thanks for that link tony ... i too lost a lot of last years fry, i think with it being cold for much longer this year they wernt big enough to store up food as well as the older ones .. and no i havent seen any frogs about here !
but fish have now been moved to a raised pond so i wont see frogs in pond now
hope your snow stays away now

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
My umbrella palms are a few inches out of the water now & my Lilly's will hit the top any day now ....should hit 80 for the fist time this week

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
i saw one of my frogs today, or his rear legs as he crammed himself between a couple border stones...yeh!! and on the downside a saw a heron in the area

stroppy

stroppy
Reaction score
oh thats not so good koiguy ...we have an egret that has been seen every morning flying low over garden but i have a cover over the pond so he cant get in ...ive tried posting pictures of raise pond but they dont seem to want to upload !

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
well unless he can find a way to sneak into my basement, the kids are o.k.... he was flying the creek that runs thru the sub, not over the yard.. my waters clear and no fish in sight.

PS3

Reaction score
i also would lik to know if i should waite for the pond water to become warmer
to plant some oxy plant and how many should i put in the pond.
8x8 oval

Reaction score
frogs return to the same spot they were born annually, you will find if you stick some of your neighbours spawn in your pond and allow it to grow and hatch they will populate.

When draining emptying and cleaning out my last pond i counted 29frogs before i got bored, get a good location and you will have many. Also must have sucked one or two up with the 3" input 5hp petrol centrifuge pump i used to empty it, had one or two moments were red shredded remains went flying out the exit.... Impressed that it emptied 7000litres in 90seconds!!

Ask a Question