Where did they come from?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
I have not posted here in a while, been busy, but I had a waterfall fail(Upper waterfall liner sprung a leak back in November). So finally got the waterfall working this weekend, I decided to do spring cleaning, and while cleaning, I came across a couple of huge tadpoles, and some very small fry. The water cleared up today, and I was able to easily spot about 10 baby fry. I always thought I only had 7 male shubunkin's, but it looks like I was wrong.

Is it best to just leave them in the pond and let mother nature take care of them, or should I try and get them out and put them into a container? Although there is plenty of hornwart, Elodea Canadensis, water lilies and 2 milk cratesfor them to hide in.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have not posted here in a while, been busy, but I had a waterfall fail(Upper waterfall liner sprung a leak back in November). So finally got the waterfall working this weekend, I decided to do spring cleaning, and while cleaning, I came across a couple of huge tadpoles, and some very small fry. The water cleared up today, and I was able to easily spot about 10 baby fry. I always thought I only had 7 male shubunkin's, but it looks like I was wrong.

Is it best to just leave them in the pond and let mother nature take care of them, or should I try and get them out and put them into a container? Although there is plenty of hornwart, Elodea Canadensis, water lilies and 2 milk cratesfor them to hide in.
Agree, let them enjoy your hospitality! By the way, I really like your 'handle' SouthernCross. A great constellation of four bright stars and terrific song by CSN!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Agree, let them enjoy your hospitality! By the way, I really like your 'handle' SouthernCross. A great constellation of four bright stars and terrific song by CSN!

I agree with you there Noodle. I Picked the name since I am a southern boy who is a Christian. And I do like Astronomy which helped in picking the handle.

Ask a Question