WHERE / HOW TO GET THE LITTLE TIME & TEMP THINGY

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
.....that many of you have with your signature? And what are the steps to install/include it? It's quite interesting to see what the temps are doing in other parts of the country. WEATHERBUG is showing us at 86 right now, with a heat index of 95. Our heat index got up to 109 today, and I felt every degree of it, too! Brutal!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
jw posted it a while back.

she will prob do it again when she gets back on line

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
TM here is the whole line that you must copy EXACTLY RIGHT or it won't work. The only part you change is to put in your abbreviation for your state and change also your city. When done go to your profile settings and then click "My settings" and then click "Signature" and type the all the letters one by one exactly right in there. DO NOT COPY AND PASTE IT! Then click on "Save Changes" and it should work for you as long as you typed it letter by letter exactly right................I emphasize exactly right!
Notice I did not copy and paste it here as it will not show if I were to do that. I had to use a capturing program to photo it.

weather banner.png

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Thanks, JW. Tried playing around with the web site last night, but didn't get anywhere. I read where it said to "copy exactly." Don't understand WHY a cut & paste won't work. Did try it, and of course, all I got on my profile page was literally what I cut & pasted -- DUH! :) Was too tired last night to mess with it. Maybe later today.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I don't understand either why cut and paste won't work but it won't so just type all the squiggles and letters, every one and it will work just fine. I have had this old one stored on my computer.............the new ones on their web page won't work for me either so fortunately I have this one saved.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Have you ever looked into the other "brands" of weather stickers? I saw that the were at least 1/2 dozen when I was researching last night.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I couldn't find one tho that would work on my signature settings tho. This one that I use is the only one I could get to show up. If you find one I'd be interested to see how it does.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I'll look around. I think it's cool having that. You are reading 71 right now. We are 94 with a heat index of 104! Here, our heat index is the real killer, 'cause your sweat can't cool you off. I was just outside for about 15 minutes, admiring my cola-colored water that is finally clearing [YEA!!], and amazed that I could SEE my fish -- came back in the house almost soaking wet!

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Well, I gave it a try. First of all, tried hand writing the code...... Good Lord! Then I got the idea to copy & paste it, then type it in from the copy. Now, I have NO idea how that is any different from a copy & paste method. I think I'll wait and let Hubby figure it out for me. He's the resident computer expert.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
BatonRouge.gif
Ok then did you use the brackets and not parenthesis? All has to be just right or it won't work. And no spaces between anything either.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
No spaces? Not even where there were spaces indicated? My husband spent at least 4 hours last night trying to figure this out for me. He's even emailed the admin. for advice. Who woulda thought it would be so complicated? Grrrrr!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure there are not supposed to be any spaces...........it just looks like there are spaces but try it w/o any spaces, what can it hurt. I'll change mine today to one in LA and see if it works. I'll use the city of Baskin, LA. Ok I'll do it on my next post below this one. Have to go to my settings and sig to change it. Be right back!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Okee Dokee it's official I put yours on my signature line and it works cuz it says the temp and zip code and time for that Baskin city in LA. So don't use any spaces at all period!!! When you get yours up and running I'll change mine back or when you let me know when you've seen this post anyways.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
JW -- I have to laugh! We are now neighbors, even though different sides of the state. Had never heard of "Baskin, LA," so you've helped me broaden my "Louisiana" knowledge :)

Well, so far, no luck. I messed around with brackets vs "carrots" (or whatever the >< things are called), and stuck "HTML in there. As you can see, I was at least able to reduce it to one line and not 1/2 a page :) Hubby has replied to ADMIN. [Ian], so maybe we can figure something out. My only guess is that we are trying to make it too complicated!

Ask a Question