Reaction score
IMG_20130703_141012_263_zpsbc0393d8.jpg
IMG_20130703_104957_505_zpsea2008a8.jpg
IMG_20130703_135331_703_zpse1fa92b8.jpg
IMG_20130703_104837_602_zps81226720.jpg
mgp-2_zpsd6f40efd.jpg
mgp-1_zpscc146e1d.jpg

Reaction score
Looks nice although I can't resist mentioning I hate that type of fountain. I maintain a business whose pond had that type of fountainoutput and iI talked them into going with one that had a circular spray pattern rather than a blast straight up. Looks better, less evaporation, and doesn't soak the surrounding area and people when there is a breeze. I realize in your particular situation most of that isn't an issue.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
That fountain is shootin for the sky better to have a low one that spreads out so I agree fountain head needs changed

Reaction score
dieselplower said:
Looks nice although I can't resist mentioning I hate that type of fountain. I maintain a business whose pond had that type of fountainoutput and iI talked them into going with one that had a circular spray pattern rather than a blast straight up. Looks better, less evaporation, and doesn't soak the surrounding area and people when there is a breeze. I realize in your particular situation most of that isn't an issue.
I'm not a big fan of the fountain either, but it was donated so I can't complain much. :) It used to shoot straight up, but I angled it to give it some flavor. Fortunately there's very little wind courtesy of all of the full grown trees in/around the area, in addition to having it adjusted so it's not spraying or soaking the area where it lands. :banana:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Maybe you can get a shower head that will fit over the pipe shooting the water up, spread it out like a shower.

Nice place to work!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Shower heads do work and great thing is they don't clog up as fast .I used to have one before I built my bridge .You can find them by word of mouth ,someone remodeling a bathroom is a great source and mine was on a pump that only had 650 gph and it ran 2 spitters also and a filter

Reaction score
HTH said:
Did I miss the part where you tell us the name of this place where you work ;)
Its called Micke Grove Park in Lodi,CA.

I chuckled at the shower head idea too. Maybe I'll put one on and stick it on the massage setting. Lol :)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
not shower head shower drain is what I used .Sorry guess we said shower head .I guess though a shower head would work if it is one of the old school less water saving types .I used a shower drain and had to adapt it a little to fit .I think it was 3 screw on fittings before it fit right on my pump .It only shoots water 2 feet up but has a wide spread and did notice today the shower drains are bigger now than the one I had ,I guess mine was old school also .New seems to be bigger

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Yep take the anti flow washer out, get one of those cheap ones with a ton of holes, drill a few bigger. Might just work............they have some for around 4 bucks, cheap experiment. The shower drain plate is a good thought too Sissy. Get the whole unit, down size it until it fits the pipe the fountain uses.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
The shower drain one makes the water come out in a wider circle and keeps it low to the waters surface .I just had one and tried it .But it is getting harder to find the older less efficient stuff these days .I was amazed at much bigger the shower drains are these days I guess they want the water to drain faster ,Funny we use less water from the shower head but the drain is bigger ,kinda stupid HUH

Ask a Question