Where to buy clear pond netting?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello, I'm thinking of buying clear/transparent pond netting to cover my small pond. I prefer not to get black pond netting.

I found this on another forum but OP didn't say where to get this from. Thanks.

h
013.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks addy. The reason I'm thinking of installing the netting is I just lost 4 nice wakins to blue heron last week, still feel the pain.....

i've installed the fishing lines around the perimeter and across the pond but I'm not 100% sure if this will stop the heron from getting into the pond and eating the fish again:(

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/clear-netting.html small holes though

casting net
http://www.amazon.com/FITEC-Super-Spreader-Clear-Fishing/dp/B00HR077SO

The problem with that small netting, frogs small birds, dragon flies get trapped and die.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
You can also use fishing line strung over your pond .Find someone who can crochet one out of fishing line:)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Thanks addy. The reason I'm thinking of installing the netting is I just lost 4 nice wakins to blue heron last week, still feel the pain.....

i've installed the fishing lines around the perimeter and across the pond but I'm not 100% sure if this will stop the heron from getting into the pond and eating the fish again:(

I hung a wide weave gill fishing net above my pond, around 3 feet over the water, it has stopped the herons from visiting. They still fly over every day morning and evening but quit stopping by and snacking. Easy to work on the pond, not bothersome to the eye, does not trap any of the other critters. @j.w has a nice thread about how to install one.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Me too love my netting. It's black but that make it easier for any flying critters to avoid making a crash dive into it and getting all tangled up. It works 100% on Mr Heron. He walks around the perimeter once in a great while w/quite the frustrated look on his beak

IMG_7424.JPG

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks for sharing. I read your thread on installing it. I know this setup for sure will stop the heron but won't look good for my pond setting.... I probably will order the clear netting from BRS and just lay it flat on top of the edges. Hopefully this and the fishing lines above the pond will do the trick.

Me too love my netting. It's black but that make it easier for any flying critters to avoid making a crash dive into it and getting all tangled up. It works 100% on Mr Heron. He walks around the perimeter once in a great while w/quite the frustrated look on his beak

View attachment 90742

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Here's where @addy1 and I bought ours and think they come white or clear unless you choose to have them dipped in the black strengthening liquid that I had mine done in. You might look around and see what they have and call and ask them questions. They are very nice about helping you out w/what you want to use it for and what they can do for you. They have many different kinds and sizes.
http://www.memphisnet.net/product/4436/nets-gill-nets-multi-208

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Wow, I cant help, when reading this thread, comparing your heron problem to my deer problem where I live. Fencing, netting, trying to thwart wildlife. I get the frustration you encounter. Although I offer no solutions for herons, although I am glad I do not have that problem, I do sympathize. To net (or fence) your beloved landscape to protect it is frustrating and unsightly and I do understand your problem. My beloved garden is fenced for the same reasons, raiders of our hard work.

I show a pic of my hard work gardening incased in a prison of fencing. I know how you feel.
image.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thank you J.W. They do carry a variety of nets and other interesting stuff:)

Here's where @addy1 and I bought ours and think they come white or clear unless you choose to have them dipped in the black strengthening liquid that I had mine done in. You might look around and see what they have and call and ask them questions. They are very nice about helping you out w/what you want to use it for and what they can do for you. They have many different kinds and sizes.
http://www.memphisnet.net/product/4436/nets-gill-nets-multi-208

Reaction score
Country
United States
Nice looking garden. I feel your pain, KC as I have garden as well. I used to have to deal with rabbits and chipmunks problems but not anymore after I moved west. Just curious, have you tried liquid fence for deer? It worked for rabbit and it's supposed to work for deer. It smells bad when you first spray but works and you don't have to install fencing/netting.

Wow, I cant help, when reading this thread, comparing your heron problem to my deer problem where I live. Fencing, netting, trying to thwart wildlife. I get the frustration you encounter. Although I offer no solutions for herons, although I am glad I do not have that problem, I do sympathize. To net (or fence) your beloved landscape to protect it is frustrating and unsightly and I do understand your problem. My beloved garden is fenced for the same reasons, raiders of our hard work.

I show a pic of my hard work gardening incased in a prison of fencing. I know how you feel. View attachment 90791

Ask a Question