Where to buy clear pond netting?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Oh! Everything has been tried here...we do not have deer, we have goats on crack! And I am not over exaggerating! LOL! Only fence and native/unedible species of plant thrive here (in this neighborhood, btw). Which actually brings up question I have. Deer are a menace here because ppl have fed them intentionally, so therefore they expect food. My local cul de sac has made a campaign to stop deer feeding and the numbers have been reduced. A 90% drop off in deer raiding in the last 5 years. Although we can never fully unfence our dearest of plants, maybe the less edibles may have a chance? I wish this for your herons as well but fly overs are hard to discourage (umm a barking dog cant fix that, lol) and you want your ponds on the sun, so no blocking them from the sky...uggh....rock and hard place?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Thanks for your contribution, but trust me when I say, everyone has tried everything here and spraying the plants is like perfume to these goats. If you spray it, they know it tastes good. They are smarter then us. Get past the smell of Lindberger cheese and it tastes pretty damn good! Well the deer here have learned that. They are the most notorious deer in the county! In fact, if you need help to keep deer resistance plants, ask me! If I dont know, I know people who do.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Most yards here are all juniper, barberry, lydia broom, foxglove, and native xerioscape type plants...umm shasta daisies also are deer proof here. Some spurge....Im still learning...but what I do know, sprays dont work...I have tried the one you recommended...sadly...no luck. If it did, I would not have needed to put an ugly deer fence up around my garden.

Im sorry though...this thread is about heron control, not deer...I was thinking. Any way to drape the ponds high to block the herons view of the fish? Like light filtering camo cloth? Maybe a few years of cheap small goldfish that waste the herons time? Maybe they just get bored with small fish? Can I think of heron as I do of the deer here? Nothing to see, they stop looking? Idk.

Last edited:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Very nice and lets the light in somewhat if you get desperate.
pond cover idea.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Wow, lovely but looks expensive! Must be nice to sit in during hot summer days though.
It's not mine. It was somebody on here that owned it and I asked if I could keep a picture of it. Would not mind having one like that someday tho.

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I am not sure how transparent the clear netting will be. Below is a picture of my pond with black net over top and clear fishing line on the one side. What I see is the clear fishing line more than the black net.
2015-6-19 bench.JPG

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yep @cas that black blends in nicely w/the dark water. Think you may be right on the clear stuff sticking out more against the dark. I can't even see your netting.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Your lying! Lol. There is no netting there! wow! Makes me think I should spray paint my deer fencing black! I never even considered that before!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
i confess, after you posted your pic, I snooped and looked through your showcase pics and barely spotted the net (more of a shadow), and thought, "aha! There you are net, ummm kinda sorta?" lol.

Ask a Question