Where to buy scouring pads @@

Reaction score
We are going from a 500 gallon pond to a 2000 gallon pond and using a skippy filter :claphands: . But where is the cheapest place to buy the souring pads? Its a 110 gallon stock tank that we are using so have no idea how many to buy :confused: . Any help on places would be greatly appreciated. :blueflower:

Reaction score
I have read of others paying less, but we get the floor buffing pads at the hardward store for $11-12 each and cut them up ... Im guessing at least half a dozen, maybe a couple more. Trying to visualize .. just had 3 sitting on the table, and dont think they are quite enough for the 45 gallon junior hubby is building next.

Reaction score
Still on the table, so took a pic of one, a scrap piece, and a DVD for size reference ... hope it helps ...

Attachments

• DSCN6138.JPG
    DSCN6138.JPG
    34.3 KB · Views: 288
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply and yes the pic did help. Has anyone ever used filters that u buy for airconditioners?

Reaction score
I dont know, I know hubby likes these pads .. they are also available in different densities (color coded at the store we go to) ... Something else I just picked up at Dollar Tree... came as a 2 pack, tighter weave, but not quite as thick but think they'd give similar surface area for about the same price ... (I grabbed them as something unused to scrub the fish tank with)...

Attachments

• DSCN6140.JPG
    DSCN6140.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 265
Reaction score
We where just at Dollar Tree today, getting prices. We are going out tomorrow and check other places. was hoping there was a place online to buy them in bulk but I havent found any yet. :sad:

JohnHuff

I know nothing.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
Kyrgyzstan
I'm late to the party again here, but I would recommend using K1, K2 or bioballs instead of scouring pads. This will provide a much bigger surface area as well as one which is moving.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
about the aspen cooler pads...if theyre made of wood, theyre organic. organics break down, so logic says they will decompose and add to the bioload.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
If you are looking for the plastic scrubbies, someone posted a web site called Doitbest.com. 96 scrubbies for $12. You can have them shipped to a local hardware store for free.

Reaction score
mrsclem said:
If you are looking for the plastic scrubbies, someone posted a web site called Doitbest.com. 96 scrubbies for $12. You can have them shipped to a local hardware store for free.
Do you remember what the scrubbies are called? I just went to the site (which is huge) and couldnt find them. That sounds like a really good deal, so wanted to see what they were.

Ask a Question