where to buy

Reaction score
i did a quick search.. alas here i am asking anyway

went to my local pond place, they are out of hyacinth, lilies are $25 for a small bucket, water lettuce was nasty and numerous fish floating dead
decided that was not the place to buy anything for my pond.

so any ideas of where to buy online? both fish and plants

Scott

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
my neighbor got hers from plants direct.com and e-bay has some good deals .Did you check all your local papers and and also free sights crystal creek .com has free shipping

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
On the yellow pages I found a few listings for garden centers in Kentucky that carry water garden plants kings in Lexington and 30 others but some do not list water plants but remember some plants that you plant in the ground can be water plants

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
best thing you can do is when you find a great garden center is take pics and rate them on the yellow pages sight as it really helps other people I always do that .Plus will help you remember how great the place is .

Reaction score
thanks guys,
Sissy i am in northern KY almost Cincinnati. (Alexandria to be exact) nothing around here i could find. (other than the place i sure wont buy fish from or plants...)
funny so i go into this place who is also supposed to build ponds and asked about weirs they had no clue.. of course i had to reply to the redneck "i thought you built ponds"!
in their defense they do have lots of nice plants (in ground kind)

Addy thanks! looks good. now to find decent fish.. you would think in this forum there would be 1-2 peeps who sold fish.
shocked at how much a good 6" fish costs on ebay ouch..

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
lol I got all mine from petsmart. Just watch for ones that catch my eye, a few where some rescue fish. I like my 2 buck fish, easy on the wallet.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
walmart people have gotten there also .petco also .I have a koi farm not far from my house that sells all kind of fish and thats how I got started .have you googled fish farms and domestic fish farms thats how I found the one i go too

Reaction score
you could always try craigslist and do a search for pond or koi or pond plants, might have decent choices and selection of ponders close to you that you could go and see and purchase from

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
very true as fish have babies they get over stocked and are willing to give them away .

Reaction score
well googling fish farms i actually found a Koi guy but he is a good hour and a 1/2 away in Ohio, lexington is closer..
will petsmart actually have koi and Shubikin? wally world? off to craigs list. never been ther before

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
yep they have koi and questionable koi but for a home pond not bad .Cheaper than most places .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Did you go to the yellow pages also online .Thats how I found a pond plant place here and gosh was he cheap 2 dollars for most of his plants and flowers and for pond plants he had them 10 for 5 dollars and grasses 3 for 5 dollars .I will be using him again .

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
petsmart has pretty nice shubunkins, just check the tank off and on, here 2.20 I have picked some up off and on, they have great colors.
At the beginning of the summer they had some great looking butterfly koi, but not being a koi person can't tell you what quality they where.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
for a home pond I really don't know that matters ,mine are just mutt koi ,nothing fancy just cheap .Cheap counts and even the cheap ones get prettier as they get older

Ask a Question