Where to get a large preformed for Koi in Houston Area

Reaction score
Is there anyone who makes/carries preformed ponds for Koi that look like rock? I live in the Houston Texas area , actually a little north of there. Any suggestions for preformed for above ground on a large porch?

Reaction score
I'm not sure how big a porch you have...but I would guess preformed swimming pools and spas would be your best bet. It's also possible to build your own of course.

The party line is you shouldn't keep Koi in something even as small as a spa because of all the downsides. But it's still a free country.

Reaction score
A preformed pond is way too small to keep Koi. But, if that is what you would like to start with and space is limited, there are beautiful fantail Shubunkins (not sure of the spelling) and goldfish that are just as fun to watch and feed and can live in the preformed ponds. I'm not familiar with the Houston area, but I know there are some nice ones on Ebay, even some with free shipping. Good luck and let us know what you get!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
the pondepot.com sells them but they are not cheap but they do ship free

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
there biggest is almost 20 x8 but that is around 8 thousand dollars not cheap

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
You can get a really large stock tank at tractor supply for about 400 dollars .You order it to the store .I bought one of there large water tanks that had damage for around 50 dollars and just used a jig saw to cut the top off and it holds over 500 gallons of water .

Reaction score
I am looking into doing a double wall wood structure recommended by a local water garden supplier. I just need to get more details on how this is done! Any suggestions? Any website with pictures that will show me how?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Is there anyone who makes/carries preformed ponds for Koi that look like rock? I live in the Houston Texas area , actually a little north of there. Any suggestions for preformed for above ground on a large porch?
I've been looking for the same for about the last 2 weeks. I've seen some hydroponic grow tanks that are about 18" deep, but it's square and not the size I want. Industrial plastic tanks are more often vertical in 750+ gallons sizes and the cost starts getting crazy.

Check out what is probably too large for you: https://www.protank.com/1450gallon-rectangular-polyethylene-open-top-tank-p2184803

and these folks in Austin where you can pick it up. Perhaps too small for koi, but the wrong shape for me. https://watercontainerstore.com/collections/aquaponic-growbeds/products/300-gallon-aquaponic-growbed

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
@John Monday There’s absolutely nothing wrong with looking at these older posts.....except that the people who participated in the conversations are likely no longer following them (if they’re still following the forum). In fact, we encourage members to search the archives — lots of valuable info to be found. Just don’t expect any responses. ;)

Ask a Question