Where's our dinner!

Reaction score
The pond is quite near the back door and the boys have started to come to the surface when I open the door in the hope of some food!

Attachments

• DSC05684.JPG
    DSC05684.JPG
    30.3 KB · Views: 263

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
neat Sally, mine, after winter, took around 3 weeks to decide i meant food again, but then I was not feeding them since the water was cold.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Mine are pigs......see me out there and beg for food all year long unless it's so cold they are down below shivering!

Reaction score
The Goldfish do it all the time now, the Green Tench sneak up like ninjas when the food is there but the white Koi seems very shy and doesn't seem to eat much at all, he doesn't come to the surface very often when the food is there. I had some sinking dried blood worm last summer that he liked but the mice ate it all in the garage in the winter! I'll have to get some more for him.

Reaction score
I have been putting in a small amount of food for my fish every night since my pond temp has gone above 50 degrees but the only fish that have come up to eat are my two goldfish and they only eat a few pellets a piece. Even when my pond was in the 60's my fish still didn't seem interested in food. :confused:

pondlover

Life is good today!
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Mine are just like JW's. They see me come out to deck and they line up begging for food. I have to admit, I love it when they do. I have only been feeding 2 -3 times a week. I want them to munch on stuff in the pond too.

Ask a Question