Which block sealer

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a water feature pond that is built out of concrete blocks and faced on the outside with stones. It has a water fall weir above it on a rock wall. There is a pump that sits in the bottom that supplies the water fall. The pond is about 4 foot by 4 foot, and 3 foot deep.
I originally had a rubber pond liner installed in it but I removed that last year. I want to get the pond back up and running and I want to know what water proof sealer or paint should I use. I'm thinking there is some type of liquid rubber sealer that would seal it so that it would hold water. I do not want to use a liner this time.
I do not keep fish or any thing live in it. I might put plants in it this time though.

Thanks for any suggestions and ideas.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
I know that monolithic poured concrete ponds sealed with Xypex are used in high end koi ponds. I don't know if a cement block pond could be made water tight without a liner.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1663697165819.gif
and welcome @rickklem

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hello and welcome!

Not sure this kind of build can be adequately waterproofed. Seems like there will be significant gaps that will be hard to seal.

Why don’t you want to use a rubber liner again?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I built my reservoir with concrete block. I troweled on Rapid Set Mortar to seal it. It still holds water ten years later. It is similar to Portland cement products but it is stronger and doesn't shrink. HD and/or Lowes carry the product.

Ask a Question