which external koi pond is best

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi every one my name is Luu .I did build Koi pond ,now is time to chose an external pump .Out there some brand make pumps but i really do not know which one is good that meant running smooth quiet /good performance and reliable and efficiency because it running 24/7 .I did research online and I am interesting on Reeflo hybrid hammer head/barracuda gold pump, Elite 800 platinum pump and Sequence 1000 .Do some one know please help me some idea about external pump Thank you very much

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Sequence, Performance Pro or Easy Pro would be my recommendation. Have never heard of Reeflo or Elite.
What is the gallon capacity of your pond? You will need a pump that will cycle the entire volume of water 1.5 - 2 times per hour for best results.

Troutredds

You can call me Red
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Welcome to the forums, Luu! Is this an indoor koi setup? The Reeflo hybrid model you reference is a high-flow pump designed for relatively large indoor saltwater reef systems.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
We use an inline dry pump which is an Oase 3500 its had all sorts of things happen to it becoming stuck by numerous bits of K1 even running red hiot because of this .
Once it ws allowed to cool down it started first time on each and every occiasion , it is still pumping water around our system as we speak .
So any Oase pump I would recomend to you .
If your after a wet pump the one we have is a blaggdon 2000 which sits in the filter of our 550 imperial gallon QT unit .

Dave

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
I would also reccomend an uv-filter too if cost permits and as far as the filter go with @Meyer Jordan on this one

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thank you very much every one .My is an outdoor koi pond .It about 4500 gal ( I just guess ) and it above aground .it's round shape 12Wx8Lx3.5D .The Elite 800 platinum that I research they said good for 5600gph max watt:248, max head:22' and 1/10 hp and go with 4 years waranty .all that look good to me But I try looking for customer review and I found none on Amazon I am confuse

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
I use a Reeflo Dart Gold on my pond and it works great, but you need to install a debris pre-filter because those pumps are designed for indoor aquariums and can clog easily.
I would follow Meyer Jordan's recommendations and not worry about Amazon reviews. Online reviews from retailers can be questionable.

Ask a Question