which pump / filter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi we have our pond coming today it is 6 x 4 x 16 and hold 624 litres of water , we would like to add a water fall feature but unsure which pump etc to use as we have no electric in the garden so we would like to have pump / filter working on solar with battery back up any advice would be helpfull thanks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
thanks for your reply the pond will be around 20 feet away from our flat we have concrete through out the garden so not really a option but thanks for your advice

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
There really isn't a solar pump (at least as far as I have ever found) that is powerful enough to run a waterfall. Same with battery- just not enough oomph. Why not run an extension cord and just trench it?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
many thanks for your reply i cannot trench the cable as we live in a council ground floor flat and we have a lot of concrete and rolled chalk in the garden which makes it impossible with out bringing in heavy machines like digger

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hmmm... well I have no idea what that all means, but you know our situation! By "trench" I really just meant to dig the cord into the ground a bit so you can't see it. We have an extension cord that goes all the way around one edge of our stone patio to plug in the pump for our pond less waterfall. We just have it tucked up against the edge of the patio all the way around and we mulch over it so you can't see it.

Is rolled chalk like gravel?

Ask a Question