White residu at the bottom of my pond

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hello community! I'm new to this!!
I just bought a house which has a pond. Recebtly fond out there was a leak in the liner so had to replace it. Which I did! But after transfering back my rocks and plants, there's some white residue ar the bottom of the pond. When I tried skimming, the white stuff just goes right through the skimmer and goes back at the bottom.
Any idea what it could be?
I Google searched but could'nt find anything.
Need help!
Thank you

Attachments

• 20220614_062231.jpg
    20220614_062231.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 25
  • 20220614_062227.jpg
    20220614_062227.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 25

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1655223582163.gif
@Sunshyne1973
Perhaps it could be powder from the liner they use to keep the liner from sticking together? Did you rinse the liner off before putting into pond? If you did then I don't know what it is, other than maybe some kind of pollen?

You can make a fines filter by putting that white quilt batting into a large plastic pot w/holes in the bottom of the pot. Then take your hose that is attached to a pump in the pond and let the hose water run over the top of the pot w/the batting so it collects all the tiny particles. Set the pot on the edge of the pond so the filtered water can run back into the pond. That should help. You may have to clean the batting off a lot w/a hose if the pot overflows and gets full of gunk. Then put cleaned off batting all back and do it again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Country
Canada
View attachment 151677@Sunshyne1973
Perhaps it could be powder from the liner they use to keep the liner from sticking together? Did you rinse the liner off before putting into pond? If you did then I don't know what it is, other than maybe some kind of pollen?

You can make a fines filter by putting that white quilt batting into a large plastic pot w/holes in the bottom of the pot. Then take your hose that is attached to a pump in the pond and let the hose water run over the top of the pot w/the batting so it collects all the tiny particles. Set the pot on the edge of the pond so the filtered water can run back into the pond. That should help. You may have to clean the batting off a lot w/a hose if the pot overflows and gets full of gunk. Then put cleaned off batting all back and do it again.
Thank you. I will try the quilt batting as suggested. Hopefully that will do the trick!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Thank you. I will try the quilt batting as suggested. Hopefully that will do the trick!
You might want to stir up the bottom some too once in awhile to make sure the stuff is floating around in the water so the pump can suck it up.

Ask a Question