White rose bush

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Val and I went to our clubs 25th anniversary today and we have never seen so many faces both old and new , both former members and currect day ones .
There was a beautifully tasty running buffet followed bt a real fun Raffle in which we won a brilliant mug from the koi Carp magazine which showed the twelve classes of koi allong with patterning and colouration which now sits pride of place in our collection of other mugs put together over the years .
Then came the speaches from both the chairman and our health officer about how our club has been growing year on year bucking the tread in our parent organization the BKKS were sadly other clubs [sections] had sadly gone to the wall these past few years .
The health officer thanked us all for learning year on year where now many of the older members do not ring up to bring him out for sick koi proof that his teachings among many of our members hasnt reached deaf ears but he is always happy to be called out to teach our newer members ,
The Chairman then thanked Brian and his wife Sandra for being the bedrock on which our club has been built .
Rhen myself and another founding father Val at the moment has difficulty standing after her third fall in just under a week chose to remain seated whilst I and the only other original member where called to the front and the Chairman gave a speach thhen too our supprise two large white potted rose bushes where brought into the room placed behind us then where awarded to #I and the other member for 25 years of continued membership to the club.
We met a;lott of old faces many of whom for one reason or another had left the club over the years all that we talked too will be attending our 25th koi show in July to see the end of an era when val and I being the only two members to have done all 25 shows retire from the show areana after25 wonderful year's.
Many of them with the help of some dedicated friends who do all the lifing and shifting for us .
Our health issues sady deteriating these last 3 years to the point it takes us a week to recover thus we had to take the desission to retire .
I believe there will be another presentation to us on the day .
All in all a fun day amongst our many frieends .

Dave .

Reaction score
Country
United States
Sounds like a wonderful time was had by all :)

How nice to be presented with white roses, I bet they are beautiful.

Twenty five years of showing is a long time. I'm sure you and Val both have many wonderful memories.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Sounds like a wonderful time was had by all :)

How nice to be presented with white roses, I bet they are beautiful.

Twenty five years of showing is a long time. I'm sure you and Val both have many wonderful memories.
Hi Maria yes we have:happy: with many awards so much so that all our rosetts are stored in CD cases and the mantle is full of all the glassware we have won over the years :)

Dave

Ask a Question