White spot treatment.

Reaction score
I have treated my pond with Tetra Medifin as 1 of my fish looks like it may have white spot on its fins. The instructions say to repeat the dosage at least 3 times to prevent re-infection and turn off UV filters. Has anyone got any idea how long the UV`s should be left off for ?
If I treat the pond with the 3 treatments like it suggests it will take 3 weeks to do all the doses.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
You leave the UV-C off for as long as the treatment takes , remember you may not get it completely the first time around so you may have to treat again .
This is why you have to leave it off. its not going to do your pond much harm .
I note your from the Wirral whe I was in the Navy one of my best friends was from there Ian Broadbent was his name like me he had a bad bike accident I havent seen him in years not since I went to Spain to work in the middle 1980's we sort of lost contact :(
Can you describe to me what your seeing on your fishes fins before you treat do you have a photo you can put up of it please?

Dave

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice; they look like a small cluster of round white balls at the base of the pectoral fin. I dont think its white spot but gave the pond a dose of Medifin to be safe, as I’ve been advised that it wont do the fish any harm and will kill of any diseases that may be in the pond.

Sorry I’ve never heard of your friend.

Ask a Question