White stones

Reaction score
Hi
i just added 2 bags of white granite stones to a corner of my new pond. i did wash them thoroughly but the water has turned white.
will it settle in the next few days before i add my koi and turn on filters and pump?????

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Where are your koi now? Is this a newly built pond that has never had fish? You want to make sure your pond cycles before you add ANY fish. Is your pond big enough for koi?

I know you didn't ask any of these questions, but that's where my mind goes! Yes - run your filter, yes it will settle out, but let's talk more about what happens BEFORE you add fish!

Reaction score
This is my 2nd pond. this time a 8 x 4 x 3.5 feet deep so quite small but its temporary till new house. its raised but insulated like a large tank. very adequate pump filter. my 3 fish are 8 -12" in a koi hotel at the moment and i want them back asap.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hi
i just added 2 bags of white granite stones to a corner of my new pond. i did wash them thoroughly but the water has turned white.
will it settle in the next few days before i add my koi and turn on filters and pump?????
you realize your purty white stones will be like koi, and soon change color, right? I believe emerald green is the fashion these days...

Reaction score
not sure what that means. sensible answers only please...will i need to empty and refill the pond??

Ask a Question