Who all has Mist Makers...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Am I the only person who has a Mist Maker in their Ponds? I just think they are really cool to show off when friends or family come over and add a Mystic look to the pond!
0402142348b.jpg
0402142344d.jpg
0402142347.jpg
0402142347e.jpg

Reaction score
Water. Its a hose with mister heads at various points. I use mine to cool the patio in the summer. But I can see how it would look totally awesome misting around the pond. Magical.

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Silly question, but what makes the "mist"?
Extremely rapid vibration apparently pulverizes the water, creating a mist. I have one, but don't know about using it on the pond. The instructions say "DO NOT USE IN WET LOCATION" :confused: Seriously!!
John

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Priscilla- the one I have actually uses electric current to vaporize the water. 6 led lights that change colors. Pretty cool.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Snowmelt advisory issued for Medicine Hat, and county. Warmer tempertures will bring lots of snowmelt from Cypress Hills and up river too. Creeks expected to rise, the usual spring thing, No major flooding expected yet. River ice upstream should start breaking up too and will make river swell as well. Now is the time to keep puppies away when big ice chunks and rising water coming down fast and soon with warmer weather.

I am just happy that the weather is warmer, and greenhouse at work now up and will be selling fresh spring flowers cheap there soon. Addicted to panzies in spring, they do so good here with the cooler nights and the dark purple panzies smell the sweetest to!

Reaction score
Priscilla- the one I have actually uses electric current to vaporize the water. 6 led lights that change colors. Pretty cool.

Wow! Sounds really high tech. Mine just hooks up to a hose and mists the water out .... no lights.

I would say I'm going to look that up, BUT I must stop buying things for the pond. Must stop soon .......

morewater

President, Raccoon Haters International
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Extremely rapid vibration apparently pulverizes the water, creating a mist. I have one, but don't know about using it on the pond. The instructions say "DO NOT USE IN WET LOCATION" :confused: Seriously!!
John

I remember many moons ago, when we had our first baby....the stroller we bought had a tag on it that said "Do not fold stroller with baby inside". DUH

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
I have been looking for a decent Ultrasonic Mist Maker for a while now for my waterfall. I cannot find one with good reviews or one without LED lights. Taking suggestions. But I agree with you Jason that they look pretty nice and add a lot to your pond.

I do have a question to ask. Do the vibrations/frequency of the mister bother your fish?

Ask a Question