who cares about the fish.

Reaction score
i posted this on youtube and a few other places last night and so far every one has commented on the puppy but not what happens to the fish. why do you think there disconect from pet fish and puppys?

why do the non fish owners and irresonsible fish owners, feel so little for the plight of fish.
it annoys me soooo much that fish are as disposable as paper cups, so who cares what thay suffer,

but kill a puppy and you are on sky news,

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Unreal, those poor fish, that poor women and the pup............unreal how cruel people are.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I chose not to view it cuz it would prolly ruin my day. I don't like cruelty to any creatures!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I agree with j.w, I could not view it. It hurts my heart to see any animal hurt. When our last Betta died my husbnad had to remove him from the tank becuase I could not even look at him or I would get very upset.

Reaction score
i know that some ppl may find this shocking, but you have to understand that if we as fish keepers and humans keep choseing to turn our backs on this then shame on us. we have to see what is in front of us and act on it becase if we dont this kind of crulety will grow.
if companys and large breeders feel that the fish community are apathetic in saying enough is enough they will continue to alow fish to suffer in the name of profit.
we also need to educate the new fish keepers on what not to do.
i was told buy one fish keeper on another forum.
this being his words.

(Compared to someone being physically abused and a puppy being thrown (couldn't watch that bit!) it seems the fish have it easy and it erodes the point you're trying to make.)

these sort of comments just show that there is some sort of disconect when it comes to fish, the point is all abuse is bad, how can someone say the fish get it easy. just becase thay cant scream in pain or yelp like a puppy.

we as fish keepers need to get more proactive to the fishes plight, or the fish will continue pay for our apethy.
if we go to our local pet shop and see that the fish are kept poorly, make a complaint, say it out loud so other ppl in the shop hear,
post a complaint on there site. just do something.

(apath¦et¦ic)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
As much as I would like to end all animal cruelty in the world I just don't think it is or ever will be possible. So I do what I can by giving my animals all the love in the world, provide them with a safe and happy environment, rescuing animals when possible and not giving business to those who treat animals poorly. I feel like as long as I have given animals a wonderful life I have done my part.

Ask a Question