Who has lotus... please post here!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Id love to see your lotus! Please show me your pictures in or out of your pond). Sorry I do not have any pics of mine yet until they grow some more. I have a Deacan Degarmeaux lotus and pink tipped lotus (cant remember name!) In two floating baskets I made with pool noodles.

I had some luck last year sprouting lotus from seed (craft store dried lotus)... gave my moms friend a bunch of tubers but lost the rest over the winter time. I was being lazy so its my fault. They grew nice with aerial leaves but I do not think I started them early enough.

:D

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Last summer, they are just starting to grow leaves this year

20130802_101045.jpg

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I just got mine also and just leaves coming out of the lotus pond about an inch .Not sure what kind or color they are since the lotus tubers were given to me by a fellow ponder in trade for fish .He had a big lotus pond in NC and all he could tell me was that he started with 4 kinds but could not remember the names .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Here is a picture that I took yesterday of my lotus that Larkin gave me last year. He gave me a runner that made some nice tubers last year. These are the first flower buds that I have seen from it. They have grown a lot in the last 2 weeks, and wondering how long before I see flowers.

Lotus may 9 2014.jpg

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I had 2 that I bought as grown plants. both bloomed last year but the seeds didn't make it. I started some last year from craft store seeds and a couple are sprouting. Ordered seeds from Ebay- 40 seeds for $5. and all sprouted.
064.JPG

Ask a Question