Why is China building eerie 'ghost cities'?

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Mogsie, it said there are two people living in that new city. Where do they live in there I wonder? Anyways what a waste of money
smiley-shocked016.gif

Reaction score
North-Eastcoaster with shovels for blizzards
99SRXMAN said:
WORLD DOMANATION and more pics of walmart people:yikesu:B) :yikesu:

WORLD DOMANATION? Not in a long long time. China has been busy in catching up with USA. For example, USA built Hoover Dam in 1936, and China has built its 3 Gorges Dam (see pics) with jumbo turbines, which will become fully operational by 2012.

Becuase of the dam project, it appears that China needs lots of "ghost towns" to house 5 million-displaced-residents. China's 3 gorges dam has flooded cities, displaced, and forced 5 million people to relocate. 1 million residents were relocated so far, 4 millions more will be relocated by 2020.

Three-Gorges-Dam-China2.jpg

1.jpg

000d87ad41a00bb6b13838.jpg

three-gorges-dam5.jpg

AP_three_gorges_dam_w_15jan.jpg

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
That was my first thought as well. China desperatley needs that dam and the displaced people need homes.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
But they say they ran out of money and stopped work in 2005 so they better get on the stick and get those people moved in soon or what's the good of it............just a waste? Says they didn't get approval to build it all w/ permits.

Reaction score
strange things go on in china, the report says they ran out of money yet economically they are booming, import to china for raw materials is massive, here in uk the price for scrap metal is soaring because china is buying it all, and they are paying good money for it. plus they are raping the 3rd world for its mineral and metal ore deposits, mining africa for copper and cobalt, and now mining brazil, who are currantly trying to limit china's mining investments i there country ! china is going global on a massive scale, and i think that most western countries including america are intimidated by china ! not because of its communism but because of its capitalism,

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
I was there 4 years ago and saw all the construction going on before the Olympics. They were building thousands of 4 story, 16 home complexes along a highway for over a hundred miles. They also had the cleanest and best landscaped highway, I had ever seen.
That is saying a lot since San Diego has some of the best in the nation.
I know the cement they are getting from the USA has driven the cost to us sky high.

morewater

President, Raccoon Haters International
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Hit the "Continue to Article" arrow in the upper-right hand corner.

Ask a Question