wild life pond help building

Reaction score
im wanting to make a wild life pond next to my pond how do i start this do i need a filter in this. if i dont how do i keep it clean wot plants and stuff to help and how deep should it be
tony

Reaction score
i was hoping to build it shallow with the deepest part being about 20 inches and fill with oxy plants and duck weed etc. with no filteri was gunna let nature take its course it will only be for frogs toads newts my neibour has one and has never used filter so it cud work but i think i need the rite plants to make it work somet like this
http://rons-hedgehogs.webs.com/pond.jpg

Reaction score
DrDave said:
Looks like you have it covered. Your example is how mine is done.

cool id love a pond like yours but i havent got the space really i need ideas on my pond really ill put a pik on tommrow and let every one give me ideas its so plain
tony

Reaction score
I have a small bog in the edge of my pond. It is only about a foot deep and is lined with the corner of the pond liner that hung past the edge giving it a continuous liner. I have a divider between the pond and bog with holes big enough that the fish can swim back and forth between the two. I then run a spitter into the bog from a branch off of my pond pump, allowing for water circulation from the bog to the pond. In the picture below, the bog is the area at the top of the pix where the pink flowers are....

Attachments

• pondconstruct 017resize.jpg
    pondconstruct 017resize.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 335

Ask a Question