TheFishGuy

( Insert something funny )
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
Hello all! It has been a hot second since I last posted, and the reason being that my lfs has had a ich breakout in lots of their tanks, and conveniently I happened to buy a large batch of fish for my 60 gallon community tank right before they realized the problem, so I am in the midst of treating sick fish, and that has taken up a large majority of my time, in a positive note, after quite a long time, my pond has finally achieved a balance! I turned off my Uv clarifier, and ever since then everything has still been crysta clear, but all the plants must have really helped with that. Because of the pricey fish meds U have also not been able to pay for any of the things I need for the pond upgrade, so honestly that might be held up until the spring :( ( school, and those icy cold winters ) I just wanted to give you all a little update and tell you that I will also be inactive for well, quite a while, I will probably respond to some threads every now and then, and look forward to when all the fish drama is over

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
That's rough! I've had an outbreak hit multiple tanks before and it is hard! Lots of stress and anxiety.

I am sure you've got this, though! We look forward to seeing you around more!

TheFishGuy

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
sorta back ish, :) ich has mostly gone away but not all the way, I lost my centerpiece fish in the 60 gallon ( rainbow shark ) mostly due to old age but also got down by ich, and a couple other fish deaths, but basically I ran out of medication so the fish get to fend for themselves now, although most are doing pretty well!

in other news, some family Friends with a youngish child got a "nemo" and of course didn't put in in a decent tank with good filtration and enough flow, so since I have been slowly easing into saltwater, I had a sorta half set up 20 gallon saltwater tank ( light filter an and saltwater, no rock or anything ) they realized they couldn't care for him and basically gave him to us, so last Saturday we went and got rock, smore powerheads, and to pick up this fish, so over the past few days I have been trying to cycle a tank with a pretty expensive fish in the tank, here it is today: the fish is still doing well but I have to do daily water changes to keep ammonia down
IMG_0832.jpg
IMG_0824.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Sorry you lost you fish.
Cool fish tho that you just acquired and glad your icky ick is hopefully leaving!

TheFishGuy

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
Sorry you lost you fish.
Cool fish tho that you just acquired and glad your icky ick is hopefully leaving!
yeah, and it is a pretty cool fish! I do indeed hope that iky ich is leaving soon too :) cause I do have some aquarium plants that would do really well in my pond if I could move them........

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
sorta back ish, :) ich has mostly gone away but not all the way, I lost my centerpiece fish in the 60 gallon ( rainbow shark ) mostly due to old age but also got down by ich, and a couple other fish deaths, but basically I ran out of medication so the fish get to fend for themselves now, although most are doing pretty well!

in other news, some family Friends with a youngish child got a "nemo" and of course didn't put in in a decent tank with good filtration and enough flow, so since I have been slowly easing into saltwater, I had a sorta half set up 20 gallon saltwater tank ( light filter an and saltwater, no rock or anything ) they realized they couldn't care for him and basically gave him to us, so last Saturday we went and got rock, smore powerheads, and to pick up this fish, so over the past few days I have been trying to cycle a tank with a pretty expensive fish in the tank, here it is today: the fish is still doing well but I have to do daily water changes to keep ammonia downView attachment 132924View attachment 132923
Nice, been keeping salt/reef tanks myself for over 30 years off and on. Good thing is clown fish are fairly tough fish, so it should make it through the cycling of the tank. Good luck with your foray into the salt world.

TheFishGuy

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
Nice, been keeping salt/reef tanks myself for over 30 years off and on. Good thing is clown fish are fairly tough fish, so it should make it through the cycling of the tank. Good luck with your foray into the salt world.
that is what I have read :) wonderful to see others on this forum thatve been keeping saltwater, this is totally new to me, but you know, mabye in 30 years I will be able to say Ive been keeping saltwater for 30 years :)

Ask a Question