Will my "silver" butterfly koi stay that way or change colors ?

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
I have a butterfly koi that is a silver color mixed with light gray with a few black specks on his belly and under his mouth. My question is will he stay the same general color ? because that was the reason I got him. They had about 70 butterfly koi in the display tanks and most of them looked like my other butterfly koi but he was literally the only one with that color scheme in the tank and frankly the only one I have ever seen myself period.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
You could try feeding with a high end koi food like the NTLabs Medikoi Probiotic Premium Multi-Seasonal , Suitable for Champion koi With Krill, Probiotics Prebiotics, Spirulina and Stimune
On colour enhancement this is what NTLabs are claiming [I've noticed a marked increase in our koi's colouration in just under a week].
Its rapid colour enhancement -The incullsion of Spirulina and astaxanthin provides with this food a concentrated boost of the natural pigmentation of Champion Koi reds will become more enhanced and other colours will become more vividly defined against the purest white of our koi
It may turn your silver brighter or even whiter , that you'd have to see for yourself :)

Dave

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
I have a butterfly koi that is a silver color mixed with light gray with a few black specks on his belly and under his mouth. My question is will he stay the same general color ? because that was the reason I got him. They had about 70 butterfly koi in the display tanks and most of them looked like my other butterfly koi but he was literally the only one with that color scheme in the tank and frankly the only one I have ever seen myself period.
Depends on its age , type , gene , how is it now?

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
Depends on its age , type , gene , how is it now?
Thanks for the response. He is actually nearly solid silver/white now which is an interesting contrast on the black pond bottom. So I guess he read this post and decided that he would turn solid silver since I liked it so much :D

Ask a Question