sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
www.onlyoutdoorfountains.com has a 20 ft steel windmill with all the connectors included 3.0 4.6 cfm and free shipping 5 year warranty 1-866-579-5182 listing this via lap top hope it works .This windmill has heavy duty weighted airline a 100ft and regular airline 200ft and decoys 2 way selector and 30 psi and all connectors 199.99 says it is at www.hayneedle.com

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I think we need to gather up all the stinks bugs, make them create air as they try to fly.

Thanks sissy, will check it out.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
ever place I've been the stink bugs are bad in the last week and seems the rain is making them worse

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
They are covering our walls and windows.........outside .......... I sprayed the walls now we have dead bodies everywhere.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I see one of those bugs now and then but not very often. Guess they like it better where you guys live sissy and addy...............that's ok cuz you can have um and keep um, lol!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I see one of those bugs now and then but not very often. Guess they like it better where you guys live sissy and addy...............that's ok cuz you can have um and keep um, lol!

They attack you as you go outside..............they are stupid bugs, fly into your hair, clothes, face, random no clue where they are going flight,they cover everything. Hate them, the doors and walls are covered, they are in the we need to get into the warm house for the winter mode.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Hmm ... are you ladies talking about the Asian lady bugs, that look similar to a lady bug, but they stink if you step on them or vacuum them up? I've seen them cover houses, usually white houses so they must like white or bright colors, and if they get inside, people say they vacuum them up. I don't have any where I live. Again, being surrounded by farmed ground for a mile in every direction has it's perks! I guess the insecticides kill them, and maybe they don't travel very far. Anyhow, I'm happy about that!
Now, in my world, a stink bug is something totally different, but I've never seen what I call a stink bug covering a house. The stink bug I'm referring to is larger, maybe 1/2" or little bigger and kind of square type of body. They really stink if you smoosh them. The Asian beetles will bite, but stink bugs usually only try to get out of the area when you are around, but they have prickly things on their legs to hang onto plants (usually see them in my garden), so that might pinch if they landed on your skin by mistake.
The worst thing about the Asian beetles is someone thought they would be great to control some type of aphid, I think or some type of bug, and now they have taken over, and chemicals don't work very well. What I found DID work to keep them out of your house (when I lived where they were a nuisance) was Home Defense, a indoor/outdoor insecticide that I buy at our farm stores locally. It doesn't smell, you can use it inside your house and not have evacuate, and use it outside, too. If you spray around every window and door on the outside, it will help keep them out. If you have your windows open, spray around the outside rim of your screens, too. They seem to be able to get inside very easily, and often come in when a door is opened, but if you spray around the door frame, that will keep them off the door. Also, if they get inside, they tend to stay in the window area. Spray the stuff on the windowsills or all the way around the windows. If they touch it, they will die. Good luck!!!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Right now we have these large flying red ant type bugs everywhere. Happens at the end of every summer. Oh just asked hubby what they were and he said "Termites". EEH GADS.................there goes the neighborhood!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I thought they were talking about the green armor looking bugs that are kinda flat and like you said square looking but not sure if that's what they have or not?

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
They are stink bugs, from asia, we have been invaded with them. Destroying the crops. They stink big time They cover the walls, around doors, windows trying to get inside, hundreds of them.

http://baltimore.cbs...maryland-again/

They destroy my veg garden, my apples, all of our corn was ruined. No natural predator.

I have a spray I bought off the internet, it kills them when they walk across it. but more keep coming. I have a spray that I use on every door window, electric outlet. They love our big sun windows, if they do get in they head for them so I have a clear spray I put on the windows and just sweep up dead bugs.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
The ones we have look like this:

Attachments

• SB_f3.jpg
    SB_f3.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 260

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Sorry the stinkbugs hijacketed your thread Sissy, they are bad that way!
those two sites have some neat stuff, thanks for posting them.

These are the ones that we have that are wiping out everything.

DSC02388.JPG

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
The stink bugs they say started in PA as that was the first sighting of them and they ruined all my apples .The apples look fine until you cut them open and the smell is disgusting .No problem addy as I think stink bugs are a big problem .They had to condemn 2 houses here because they got into the attics and insulation and when they took the insulation out they found they were down into the walls and everyplace .Thing was the house was on the market brand new build 8 years ago no one bought it and it has been on since .I know I looked at it before I had this one built .Over 3000 sq.ft. and fantastic looking ,but stink bugs took over ,when I looked at the house it was 299.thousand and is now 149 thousand and now condemned .The reason I put the windmill aerator on is I saw this thing in action and could not believe the air it put out ,I know people have been asking about .It makes a slight noise which the owner said is great to keep birds away .He lives in Tennessee and he has had it for 6 months now and loves the free air and his pond is 20x 30 and he has koi and goldies/these stink bugs are called brown maramaleted stink bugs

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Yep we have 3 nice apple trees, the apples just drop, the ground hog, rabbits, deer, bees etc get to eat them. We are thinking of really pruning one tree, (it has great red apples) and concentrate on spraying it see if we can at least save one trees apples.

They stink when they die, you can smell them outside the house, so far we have kept them out of the house. A few get in, but I spray and kill the suckers.

Ask a Question