Wine Time

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
javascript:poiZoom(.26333,51.13245,map,11);
I have a great white Wine recipe that has never failed in 6 years if anyone is Interested and it takes only 4 weeks to brew. It's Vegan Wine, so no nasty chemicals. Does anyone else make their own Wine? :happy:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a/5b
Hub's family used to make wine. We even have a wine press in storage that we would love to try one of these days once our other projects are completed. The funny thing is that both he and I are slightly allergic to something in wine and we don't drink it! LOL So I guess we'd have to make it and pass it on to others.

morewater

President, Raccoon Haters International
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
I drink my own wine. And beer too. Oh, and gin.

I particularly enjoy drinking the wine, beer and gin of others.

Seriously, have made wine from grapes for years and years (Italian father-in-law), last year 56 cases of grapes.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Hub's family used to make wine. We even have a wine press in storage that we would love to try one of these days once our other projects are completed. The funny thing is that both he and I are slightly allergic to something in wine and we don't drink it! LOL So I guess we'd have to make it and pass it on to others.

This Wine has no nasty chemicals and it could be one of the nasty chemicals that you are both allergic to. Wine doesn't come with a list of ingredients which I've always wondered why.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
I make my own wine and haven't bought a bottle of commercial wine in years.
It's an enjoyable process.
Beer too.

Yes it is an enjoyable process and enjoyed more when it's ready Hic!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone

Seriously, have made wine from grapes for years and years (Italian father-in-law), last year 56 cases of grapes.

Grapes are too expensive in the UK, I made some Blackberry Wine a few years back which turned out well, but had to wait a very long time before it was ready. It was a very messy process to, had purple hands for days.

morewater

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Ours is made the old Italian way, the grapes are first put through the chopper to break the skins, then they're loaded into the barrel press. They're pressed until nearly dry, then pulled and put off to the side. The "dry" is then mixed with the next load of chopped, pressed until nearly dry..........etc., etc., etc. Of course, when you make new wine you have to drink "old" wine all day. The result is that you're pretty well wrecked by the time all the cases have been put through the wringer.

My wife says I'm a lush, I tell her that I'm simply a stickler for quality control.

Last year about 60 gallons was the result.

There's a cask that is now 3 years old and it's just like Martini Rossi.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Ours is made the old Italian way, the grapes are first put through the chopper to break the skins, then they're loaded into the barrel press. They're pressed until nearly dry, then pulled and put off to the side. The "dry" is then mixed with the next load of chopped, pressed until nearly dry..........etc., etc., etc. Of course, when you make new wine you have to drink "old" wine all day. The result is that you're pretty well wrecked by the time all the cases have been put through the wringer.

My wife says I'm a lush, I tell her that I'm simply a stickler for quality control.

Last year about 60 gallons was the result.

There's a cask that is now 3 years old and it's just like Martini Rossi.

I make around 44 Litre's a month, that way I can afford to give some away and the rest is all mine. Hic!

I don't drink until 6pm though, unless I'm with my Daughter who likes to ply me, then I fall over. :eek:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a/5b
LOL Sounds very much like what hub's family used to do. They also make homemade soppressata and regular dried sausage as well. We figured out a couple years ago how to cure it in our basement fridge. Much easier than hanging it in the garage during winter and constantly having to go outside and monitor the temperature so it cured properly.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada

It sounds like you know a guy that knows a guy....that owns an orchard.
I checked into buying my own grapes as well - waaay too expensive.

I also know a guy that makes his own gin.
I see him every morning...:whistle:

morewater

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
$760 per year.

Labor is discounted due to inebriation and take-home dividends.

How do wasps make the 15km trip and still show up in the garage?

Nature of Things...........

Ask a Question