winter cover

beeliz

Beeliz
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I'm setting up my winter cover for my raised pond,,I have fish in there so it's important to take certain precaustions however,I would like to know if I used a vapour barrier plastic sheet attached to the top cover would this be ok?? I want to keep in heat as much as possible,,,any info would help,,:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
you are in Canada, so it would be helpful if someone living up there would share their thoughts. most folks up north i've talked to use insulative styrofoam from a building supply house, 2 inch thick as an example, and float it on the surface to insulate and as a barrier for ice. we have seen domed tops made of pvc pipe ribs and plastic to create a bubble.

the biggie is to keep the bottom water still to retain heat. the heaviest water is 38 degrees and sinks to the bottom, so that will protect your fish. our bottom water got to about 37 degrees last year with a surface temperature of 35 degrees, and the fish were fine.

Ask a Question