Winter storms

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
It looks like here in the UK ElNino is going to cause havok this winter with storm after storm hitting the UK.
Looks like we better battern down the hatches yet again and keep our fingers crossed its not as bad as the last time we had this sort of weather.
There are one or two sructures that though repaired may not survive another winter like the last one , then theres the railway line at Dawlish that was completely washed away , the flooding in Somerset and the huge floods that flooded the South East of the UK .
Personally I doubt very much we learned our lessons from the last time and the cutbacks the government has imposed on the Emergency services will prove that this was a bad political move for our government .

Dave

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
It looks like here in the UK ElNino is going to cause havok this winter with storm after storm hitting the UK.
Looks like we better battern down the hatches yet again and keep our fingers crossed its not as bad as the last time we had this sort of weather.
There are one or two sructures that though repaired may not survive another winter like the last one , then theres the railway line at Dawlish that was completely washed away , the flooding in Somerset and the huge floods that flooded the South East of the UK .
Personally I doubt very much we learned our lessons from the last time and the cutbacks the government has imposed on the Emergency services will prove that this was a bad political move for our government .

Dave
I remember watching the UK get smashed by the last winter onslaught. Reminded me of the winter of 93 when I was in NC and a blizzard dumped about 3.5 feet of snow on us and knocked out the power for 15 days. Good thing I had plenty of diesel because that was one cold and drawn out period and the heat was all electric as was the range so I was very comfy in my gen powered house (the neighbors were not so happy though lol...envy is a killer)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
W have a generator more for the koi than ourselves weve gas weve all sorts of candles the fridge and freezer if unopened will last for 24 hours before melting .
We'd turn it from a wroorying time to a more romantic evening Marshall .
The first storm of the season I think they have named so its going to be a bad one [better and battern down the hatches and lash the wheel me boy, there be roughers on the way me thats for sure....... arrrrrrgh Jim lad .

Dave

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
W have a generator more for the koi than ourselves weve gas weve all sorts of candles the fridge and freezer if unopened will last for 24 hours before melting .
We'd turn it from a wroorying time to a more romantic evening Marshall .
The first storm of the season I think they have named so its going to be a bad one [better and battern down the hatches and lash the wheel me boy, there be roughers on the way me thats for sure....... arrrrrrgh Jim lad .

Dave
I will weigh anchor and put three sheets to the wind... That should be interesting

Ask a Question