Winterizing the Garden Pond

Reaction score
first of all I reside in mid central NC.. which does have med to mild winters.. Last year there was a good season of Ice on the pond and snow..

This is the end of the second season for the pond, going into its second winter.. Last year the working with Gold fish didn't work well at all.. It seems the World of maintaining Ponds is virtually a learn as you go, and learn from your mistake systems..

This year the Koi were introduced into the pond, along with the little green frogs who were born in the pond.. I've put floating plants in, and underwater plants.. but, still have a terrible time with Algae growth, since the pond is in sunlight most of the day.. and the lack of rain this past summer has created a bit of panic if keeping the pond level up high enough without flushing the pond.. See, I'm learning a bit at a time.. But, I really would love to see the same Koi next spring.. So, I'm here to read, to learn, and to winterize my pond..

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
welcome a lot of people are starting to think of winter, sharing ideas

Ask a Question