Wish list

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Well, both ponds are clear and doing well so..... I have a 26" white butterfly that I think would go well with a pure black butterfly. Going to check out a couple today from my fish guy. Also looking for what I think might be fish impossible- Black butterfly gin rin. Have searched but no luck so far. We have the one pond exclusive gin rins and we did get a spawn early this spring but only one fry made it. No gin rin scales visable yet but he is still small. Hoping the scale pattern will breed true. I have a lot of people that want these fish.
Will post pics of the new fishies.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Well, didn't find any pure black koi but did get a mostly black butterfly. He has white spots on his nose and white tipped fins and tail. Couldn't resist what looked like a pure black scaleless standard fin but when netted, turns out he has scales and a dark brown, reddish scale pattern but still a great looking fish. Also picked up what I think is a Chaogi (sp)?. I guess I should have brought them inside for the pics as I can't seem to avoid the glare but they had been bagged for almost 2 hours.

Attachments

• IMG_1117.JPG
    IMG_1117.JPG
    31.6 KB · Views: 262
  • IMG_1110.JPG
    IMG_1110.JPG
    25.5 KB · Views: 266
  • IMG_1120.JPG
    IMG_1120.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 267

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
I like the Hajiro Butterfly, VERY NICE! The white on the fins and white nose are in almost perfect position. Very rare to find a good one in a standard, finding one in a butterfly of that quality is a excellent find! It should really be a nice contrast to the white butterfly. Love to see a pic of the two together. Both of the other two appear to be "Chagoi" The butterfly is a more lighter color and if that holds it will show up really nice in a butterfly, The dark one, well only time will tell in that guy. It appears to be male, he has so dark of skin it's scales may not stand out like some of the better quality ones, But that being said The fish has great body shape and that head looks like it will grow into a BIG sweetie pie. If I was to make a bet I would say this fish is going to end up one of the biggest friendliest fish in the pond in the future. If you didn't already have a fish 26" long I would it would be THE biggest! LOL

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Thanks Fishin- Couldn't resist the standard but I may never see him! Hopefully he will won't hide out on the bottom. I'm hoping they both get along with the 2 big girls.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Very nice fish mrsclem! great find. I love the butterflies if I did have koi it would be butterflies.

Ask a Question