With all the discussion over flags lately...

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
We really need to re-think the US State flags!
Every state flag is wrong and here's why
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/compost/wp/2015/06/23/every-state-flag-is-wrong-and-here-is-why/

I mean come on Florida!

“Can we just use the Alabama flag?” Florida asked.
“No.”
“How about if we put our seal on it?”
“Yeah. I guess, but –”
“Great.”
imrs.php

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
And Delaware!

LOL

“Were we supposed to dress up for this?” the guy on the left is asking. “I didn’t, but it looks as though you did. And why is there a cow?” Whatever committee designed this flag clearly solicited suggestions for what should go on a flag of Delaware and then said “YES” to all of them. Date? Seal? Cow? Ship? Motto? Hoe? Guy In A Fancy Hat? Sure, why not! Slap ’em all on.
imrs.php

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
And who really appreciates huge bison as much as Wyoming?

“Sometimes,” Wyoming said, “I doubt other states’ commitment to GIANT BISON. Let’s show them we mean business.”

imrs.php

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
And our friends in the UK should like this one.

“Okay, I have a perfect idea for a state flag. We average the British and American flags, but with a hint of Yugoslavia!”
“Sure. What state is this for, again?”
“Hawaii.”
imrs.php

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Louisiana -- The Pelican State..... Canibalism? So Momma Pelican [state bird, Brown Pelican] tears off her own flesh to feed her hungry chicks (which is supposed to be true, but have never researched it). "Union, Justice, and Confidence." Union -- Never has a state been more separated than North and South Louisiana! Justice -- Yeah, I want what's best for ME, not what's best for the people. Confidence -- ? So, the motto stands for taking care of the people and each other in times of adversity......or does the Pelican picture secretly symbolize something more sinister.....?

image.jpg

Ask a Question